Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > FOWLR

Old 09-01-2007, 05:06 PM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy View Post
Ich is getting worse and just lost my flame angel. I have tried the lowered salinity and the garlic. I am going to get a uv sterilizer. Thanks for the help everyone
Sorry to hear, I still think if hyposalinty didn't cure it, the uv won't help...besides it will kill a lot of good things to.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:28 PM

bulletsworld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ol Nobodaddy View Post
Sorry to hear, I still think if hyposalinty didn't cure it, the uv won't help...besides it will kill a lot of good things to.
He's got a good point. Sounds like its pretty bad.

turn the lights out! KEEP TANK PITCH BLACK! or start transfering fish to rubbermaid containers, still keeping it in a pitch black room!!! Make sure to only get 37L rubbermaids, and include FRESH mixed water only, same temp, same salinity. Include a heater, air line (bubbles) and thats all you need. The bigger the rubbermaid the better. Now only 4 fish per rubbermaid. This is a lot of work but helps the fish not to be reinfected. Jump fish everyday. No not net, use a small cup. Transfer in low light. Have any questions, let me know. Eitherway, KEEP LIGHTS OFF AND ROOM DARK DARK! IT does help.

"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
Old 09-01-2007, 05:31 PM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsworld View Post
He's got a good point. Sounds like its pretty bad.

turn the lights out! KEEP TANK PITCH BLACK! or start transfering fish to rubbermaid containers, still keeping it in a pitch black room!!! Make sure to only get 37L rubbermaids, and include FRESH mixed water only, same temp, same salinity. Include a heater, air line (bubbles) and thats all you need. The bigger the rubbermaid the better. Now only 4 fish per rubbermaid. This is a lot of work but helps the fish not to be reinfected. Jump fish everyday. No not net, use a small cup. Transfer in low light. Have any questions, let me know. Eitherway, KEEP LIGHTS OFF AND ROOM DARK DARK! IT does help.
Ich livespan is 6 weeks, after that without fishys it dies off...I'm not sure it its 6 weeks to the day, but that is always what I have been told. So if you can cure your fish and keep them out of the main tank for 6 weeks you should be okay.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:35 AM

bulletsworld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ol Nobodaddy View Post
Ich livespan is 6 weeks, after that without fishys it dies off...I'm not sure it its 6 weeks to the day, but that is always what I have been told. So if you can cure your fish and keep them out of the main tank for 6 weeks you should be okay.

Yes, this is true. I assumed people already know that when you read up on ich. Sorry I never mentioned that. The tub transfer is alot more detailed then I mentioned above. I have posted it in detail on the boards here in the past, you can do a search or let me know and I will post again.

But the main tank regardless has to remain empty of fish for at the very least 40 days. At the time the main tank is empty (of fish), you raise the temp of the main tank past 80-84 to speed up the parasites life cycle.

"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Last edited by bulletsworld; 09-02-2007 at 02:43 AM.