Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-17-2007, 08:47 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Reefer View Post
So now we just make fun of Fudge at his expense, is this any better.
As long as he knows we're just teasing him and it's all good natured, then YES Besides, he set himself up with the cape comment!

Last edited by fishoholic; 08-17-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:33 PM

Johnny Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger11 View Post
.... and myself (cant remember when i joined)....
January 2006.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:10 PM

reeferaddict is on a distinguished road

Good thread - and I share your sympathies. I had been a regular poster for quite a while and felt that by sharing my experiences I could spare others some of the same pains... for the most part I was right, but the flamers eventually drove me off. Now about the only time I post is when I see somebody being a real *edited*but even that doesn't seem to be a constructive use of my time - so now I just sit back & read for the most part.
135G Mixed Reef. Bullet 2, 25 gal refugium, 2 X250W MH + 4X 96W PC\'s, DIY Calcium Reactor, Coralife 1/6 HP Chiller, Phosban, Tunze, 2 closed loops & SQWD\'s, Seios, Coralife 4 stage RO/DI & a bunch of other expensive gadgets... I may never retire, but I'm gonnahavahelluvanaquarium!

Last edited by Doug; 08-18-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger11 View Post
the staff needs to see that and abapt with the change instead of just shooting down ideas of what members of the bord want to see.....
poll the members to see what they would like to see on the bord.......
And what may that be. Yea, we just shoot down the ideas. Especially the ones that would make discussions like this even more frequent.

Guess I have been here to long to change. Just an old fart. Guess us old ones had better move aside for new staff, that can make dramatic changes in the board. Oh yea, of course one would need to get that past the owner first.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeferaddict View Post
Good thread - and I share your sympathies. I had been a regular poster for quite a while and felt that by sharing my experiences I could spare others some of the same pains... for the most part I was right, but the flamers eventually drove me off. Now about the only time I post is when I see somebody being a real *edited*... but even that doesn't seem to be a constructive use of my time - so now I just sit back & read for the most part.
Thats pretty harsh. We do have some problems but certainly not the flamers that some boards have or allow. For the most part we shut them down.

Canreef is a good board, with lots of good info and interesting topics. We, as staff, have to try to ride the line between editing or removing threads or not. Gets a little upsetting after awile, being called everything from a censor ******* and various other assorted body parts.

Last edited by Doug; 08-18-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:01 PM

fishface is on a distinguished road

i dunno, i've been around this board for a few years and haven't really experienced too much anger, or maybe i just ignore it if i see it. guess i'm just lucky.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:11 PM

Moogled is on a distinguished road

This whole thread sounds like some sort suggestion for a get-together and have a group hug.

I embrace the idea...but conceptually impossible. This is why we have Democracy/Communism, Liberal/Conservative, Pro/Anti Homosexuality, and Tangs in a 50g/Tangs in a 100g.

I don't particularly feel abashed that these thread wars are showing up, since opinions are personal and oftentimes very sensitive.

To say that it's become a place for people to "flex their keyboard muscle" is presumptuous. If that was the case, I'd be an ________ for getting angry at someone who flips out at a thread for no reason, and some other regular members would be jerks for pointing out Mik_101 and bv_reefer's spelling flaws with their sarcastic ruthlessness.

That said, moderators can certainly do what they've been posted to do, but you have to treat a forum just like real life:

If you don't like something about human nature, ignore it and chuckle about it with a buddy over a beer.

GG.

Last edited by Moogled; 08-18-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Rest In Peace

Geez, I just edited your thread again, same comments as the other thread. And you guys wonder what my problem is.

You just cant go around posting, calling other members derogatory names. And why pick on those two for spelling. Would you like a reference to all the posts from other members with terrible spelling, not to mention other things.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:38 PM

Moogled is on a distinguished road

This is where I'm really surprised. The last one was a good call, I called _____ a fool so good modding; I see where I was wrong and I wouldn't do it again. But you just edited my post again but not for the exact same reason. The supposedly derogatory term I just made wasn't even directed at anyone.

Since everything is so technical, please don't mind if I FAIRLY point out a boo boo that you probably didn't miss while you read through his post:

Quote:
Good thread - and I share your sympathies. I had been a regular poster for quite a while and felt that by sharing my experiences I could spare others some of the same pains... for the most part I was right, but the flamers eventually drove me off. Now about the only time I post is when I see somebody being a real *edited*... but even that doesn't seem to be a constructive use of my time - so now I just sit back & read for the most part.
Once again:

Quote:
Good thread - and I share your sympathies. I had been a regular poster for quite a while and felt that by sharing my experiences I could spare others some of the same pains... for the most part I was right, but the flamers eventually drove me off. Now about the only time I post is when I see somebody being a real >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*edited*<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<... but even that doesn't seem to be a constructive use of my time - so now I just sit back & read for the most part.
And just in good spirit from now on, I'll PM you if I ever see anything that's unsuitable to be read.

FYI, I made sure that my post just now was void of anything insulting, so I'd be doubly surprised if it were edited yet again.

And no, I have never picked on those two for spelling, nor do I intentionally go around calling people XXXXers and other anatomical parts.

Last edited by Doug; 08-18-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:50 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

*chews fingernails nervously*

I guess, considering the job that I do every week, any sort of drama on here is pretty low key. And quite frankly, most things aren't remotely important enough to warrant strong feelings on my behalf (except, obviously, a freshwater fish swimming with saltwater fish...he he).

There will be disagreements--obviously. But we can disagree with dignity and respect.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz