Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:36 AM

rigger11 is on a distinguished road

ibtl???? dont know this one
Old 08-13-2007, 09:36 AM

Redrover is on a distinguished road
Default Deals a Deal

There are people out there that will push any product or what ever just to make a sale [ it's all about money ] deals a deal...I'd sure like to know before I delt with that person...the sweekie wheel gets the grease...I have to many gray whiskers for all that crap...One good thing, there usually not in business for long.

" It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere "

RJ
Old 08-13-2007, 01:02 PM

SuperFudge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef_raf View Post
Want to rant, Go to the bar.

No Matter what Brad tells you, DONT DO THAT ! bartenders hate it when you tell them all about your water changes and stocking procedures.

J/K bud, I feel bad for you guys.

Well, ill give you guys a "cyber" pat on the back for a job well done.

Mik101, how the heck did you get to 1000+ posts in a couple months??
Damn, it took me 7 yrs.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:09 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Also find it odd that you can bash a product(like sea clone skimmers) but not the guy that told you it was a decent skimmer.
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 08-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger11 View Post
ya know maybe there should be a section for ranting and allowing others on this bord to be informed about how some ppl have been "riped off, or mistreated" by some of the stores. make it a members only section where the vendors or sponsors are not allowed to go. cause really as stated be for we shouldnt be "throat tied" and should be allowed to warn eachother of the deals gone south...
jmo

Does it not matter how we explain it? Please READ my posts again. Its us left to clean up the mess after posting about "riped off", "mistreated" or ranting. Who do you think does it. The magic clean up goblins.

We have to answer to these buisness,s. Not to mention the fallout from members. I told you we are still dealing with the one from last week and now this. Ranting on the thread, pm,s, you name it. You need to see behind the scenes to understand.

I,m not sure what else we can say, so you understand. Check out most other boards. What you propose would be shut down fast on "most". I wonder why this is.

By the way, I deleted posts that mentioned stores, {even though they were ok}, as it was mentioned here that some may read it wrong. Please leave any store reviews, good or bad, out of this thread. It will remain open for now, if anyone has a point to make and as we would like to make our thoughts and board policy,s clear without just saying this is the way it is.

Last edited by Doug; 08-13-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:35 PM

SuperFudge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
Also find it odd that you can bash a product(like sea clone skimmers) but not the guy that told you it was a decent skimmer.
Its not odd at all, if you bought a crappy car off the lot without doin your homework, would it be the salesman`s fault ?

All it would take was, typing "seaclone" into the search function feild up top and youd get more than enouph to make an informed decision.

Marc.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:20 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mik101, how the heck did you get to 1000+ posts in a couple months?? Damn, it took me 7 yrs.
because he replies to everything under the sun, even if he has nothing more to add to the thread other than "I second that" or "I agree"

Last edited by muck; 08-13-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFudge View Post
No Matter what Brad tells you, DONT DO THAT ! bartenders hate it when you tell them all about your water changes and stocking procedures.

That explains the watery drinks!!
Old 08-13-2007, 06:14 PM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFudge View Post
Its not odd at all, if you bought a crappy car off the lot without doin your homework, would it be the salesman`s fault ?

All it would take was, typing "seaclone" into the search function feild up top and youd get more than enouph to make an informed decision.

Marc.
This is what we are all trying to do here...our homework. Now if i were to do a search here and not find anything negative about seaclone (because the mods had deleted all the posts) then I would assume they were OK. So logically my next step is to go to the store, say store X for example, and ask the salesman. Hey buy one of these Seaclones he says, there greeeat. Well gee Ive never heard of anything bad said about these salesmen on Canreef (because the mods have deleted all the posts) so i guess it must be a great skimmer like he says.
Now i realize that its pretty hard for the board owner and mods to be all thing to all parties but if a board sponsor is running a crappy business and pushing crappy products then the board users should have a right to know and the store owner better pull up his socks.
Pretty soon we may not even be able to mention which livestock is good or bad. Green peace will say that Aptasia is a valuable anemone and sue us.

Last edited by Aquattro; 08-13-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Ok. I give up. If you guys wish the board rules to be otherwise, perhaps contact the owner and then staff the board and deal with it all.

The rules now, are what they are. And if I may add, most members are happy with it and wanted it that way.
Thanks