Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik_101 View Post
Anyone on the angles pleas.
Do you think it would be a gamble to go with a flame angle.?
I would still say its about 50/50. If one avoids the more fleshy lps corals and perhaps clams, they may have better luck. But they have been know to nip at sps also. The coral beauty seems to be somewhat better but still a chance they could turn on corals.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:25 PM

Mik_101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Sorry you feel this way Miki. Not sure why you would say the advice is unbelievable. I thought most of it was good and most were pretty polite. When one asks for advice on a public board, they will get all kinds of responses and have to sort the good from the bad. I hope you will stay with us, as your reef tank takes shape.
Doug I ment undalivable as in awsome advice not bad advice.
- Green candy cane
- green zoas
- GSP
- Fake percula clown
- Diadem dottyback
adding a 70w MH with 8 LED
Old 07-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Banned

TheReefGuy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
After all thats been posted here, thats dandy advice.
Ok your a big shot now im just trying to help.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:40 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Hi Mik_101, I'm sorry if I came across harshly, it's not my intent. I just want you to be able to get all that you can out of this hobby - because there tends to be a LOT of frustration that we have to suffer just as much as all the good things; so if I can help someone avoid some of that frustration, I want to do so, because it always makes me sad to see someone quit because the hobby got overwhelming for them.

If I was in your position, I would try a flame angel. Particularly if you can find one that was collected in Hawaii because the colours are out of this world (the Hawaiian flames tend to have much more brilliant reds to them, as opposed to orange and yellows, and the striking red colour creates a bold contrast to the blues on their tails). They are all pretty however, not just the Hawaiians.

I'm afraid I can't offer much on the others you've listed as I have no experience with most of those (I've only ever kept a potter's, but I have friends who have flames and I've looked at them a lot ).

Here is a good site dedicated to info on the pygmy angels: www.centropyge.net

It lists the angels by species and gives you some to-the-point info. For example, here is the page on flame angels: http://centropyge.net/flame.html
Old 07-16-2007, 04:42 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

Guys, keep the tone friendly - there's no need to get snitty or personal or get our feathers ruffled. If it happens we'll close the thread, flame wars are not tolerated here.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Banned

TheReefGuy is on a distinguished road

Ok im sorrey guys.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:06 PM

Mik_101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Hi Mik_101, I'm sorry if I came across harshly, it's not my intent. I just want you to be able to get all that you can out of this hobby - because there tends to be a LOT of frustration that we have to suffer just as much as all the good things; so if I can help someone avoid some of that frustration, I want to do so, because it always makes me sad to see someone quit because the hobby got overwhelming for them.

If I was in your position, I would try a flame angel. Particularly if you can find one that was collected in Hawaii because the colours are out of this world (the Hawaiian flames tend to have much more brilliant reds to them, as opposed to orange and yellows, and the striking red colour creates a bold contrast to the blues on their tails). They are all pretty however, not just the Hawaiians.

I'm afraid I can't offer much on the others you've listed as I have no experience with most of those (I've only ever kept a potter's, but I have friends who have flames and I've looked at them a lot ).

Here is a good site dedicated to info on the pygmy angels: www.centropyge.net

It lists the angels by species and gives you some to-the-point info. For example, here is the page on flame angels: http://centropyge.net/flame.html
Hey thanks Tony those were grate sites. Is it harder to find flame angles from Hawaii. I'm not sure but I think ocean aquatics has some from Hawaii in regularly.
- Green candy cane
- green zoas
- GSP
- Fake percula clown
- Diadem dottyback
adding a 70w MH with 8 LED
Old 07-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Yeah, thing to do is just ask, "Are these Flames from Hawaii?" After looking at a few from there versus some from other places, you'll notice the difference. Of course, they're all pretty though.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik_101 View Post
Doug I ment undalivable as in awsome advice not bad advice.
Ok. Cool.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReefGuy View Post
Ok your a big shot now im just trying to help.

Gee, thanks.