Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 07-09-2007, 05:24 AM

Matthias Gross is on a distinguished road

powerbars:
if you mean digital powerbars with "new ones" and conventional powerbars with "old ones": they can't be daisy-chained, niloc is right

WLAN:
If "system" can't be seen the version of ProfiLuxControl or ProfiLux firmware is below 3.03 -> First make update of both as it is described in the tutorial to 3.03
IP-address: a NEW IP-address which has not be assigned to the other devices must be chosen. This can be any addres you want, it must fit to the address range of your home network. Please refer to the tutorial.
If you don't know anything about your network then do this:
- Start "cmd.exe" on your computer
- enter "ipconfig"
- what do you read now?
-> these are your LAN-settings
Old 07-09-2007, 06:47 PM

AquaCan is on a distinguished road

Hello Matthias,

I have followed all the instructions and am still not able to connect wireless. I cannot access the Lantronix WLAN-security settings page on iexplorer because I get a "cannot connect to this address" error, however, I have tried even with an unsecured network connection to connect wireless to the Profilux and I cannot connect! My router is a Linksys WRT300N wireless N broadband router and for the Profilux ip I use 192.168.1.105 . I am ready to start pulling my hair out from frustration of trying different combinations of settings with no success of a wireless connection! This does not seem to be a very user-friendly device. It would be much simpler if (for wireless operation) the Profilux was already factory set with all the necessary conditions met and have self-configuration automatically performed initially via the RS232 connection as in true plug and play fashion. Please Help!

Old 07-09-2007, 08:42 PM

Lam'sreef is on a distinguished road
Default Wlan

I don't think it works
It is Fustrating and it should be plug and play

Lam
Old 07-10-2007, 01:33 AM

Lam'sreef is on a distinguished road
Default Wlan

Hi Matthias,

I update the software to 3.03 and now I see the system and set the Ip to it whatch is 192.168.1.46 after that I save and move on to # 3 WLAN security settings.

Start the IE and type 192.168.1.46 and enter the IE said page not found.

This thing is really sucks. I am patience enought of this and thought this controller is the best one out there. But I think I was wrong spending twice the money and got more head ache

Please get it works before put them on the market.

Lam
Old 07-10-2007, 05:28 AM

Hi

in my opinion some statements here regarding WLAN are not fair and correct.
Facts are:
- we have several 100 of these devices sold, most of them are working without any problem
- the user MUST have basic knowledge about his network at home - otherwise he will not be able to install it
- the devices are tested 100% before shipping, any of them has been configured here for a test connection
- i offered to call me directly to give personal assistence for the setup: Please call me! I got no call till now! (Please keep in mind our local time)
- i asked some concrete questions to give you detailled support - still no answer! (e.g. post #511)

How could we do factory settings for any customer? At least the SSID and security settings are different from case to case - so this is not possible. Did you alter these settings for you network?

Next time we extend the software again to be able to deal with automatic IP-addresses, then we have only 2 (SSID + security) settings instead of 3 which must be altered.

I'll be at Macna in september and teach some of the retailers regarding LAN/WLAN and general operation of the ProfiLux. That means in future our customers will obtain more qualified support from the retailers.
And if there are still questions till september: Maybe you can visit Proline's booth, i'll give you personal advice there.

Again: Please call me.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:36 AM

I got a hint from another customer:
His firewall caused trouble. After disabling the firewall for ports 80 and 10001 he got his WLAN running. If you don't know how to disable the firewall for special ports just disable the firewall completely (only for test!!! after test enable it again!!!)
Maybe this information is helpful.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:22 PM

Matthias, I would call you if I could, however, I have a VOIP telephone connection and our service provider only allows for out-going North American phone calls.

AquaCan
Old 07-11-2007, 06:04 AM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

2 quick questions...

Matthias are there any plans to have a full tank LED system along the lines of something like the solaris fixture that would be made by GHL and controllable with the profilux?

Secondly, can anyone confirm or deny if the "western" cables that we use to link the power bars together are telephone cables? The reason i ask is I'd love to hook my upstairs tank up to the controller as well and if it's telephone cable than I can just run 50 feet of cable upstairs and have it controlling that tank as well!

So far I've had my controller a month and absolutely love it!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:24 AM

support@proline is on a distinguished road

Aquacan you got a PM
Old 07-11-2007, 04:24 PM

Slick Fork, these are our standard telephone cables and jacks. I am using extensions on mine as well.

AquaCan

Last edited by AquaCan; 07-11-2007 at 04:27 PM.