Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 06-01-2007, 03:02 PM

Lam'sreef is on a distinguished road
Default WLAN setup

I've spoke to Steve and he said wait fir about a week 3.03 3.04 and 3.05 should be out soon and hopefully it help set up the WLAN better.
I am looking forward to it.

Thanks

Lam Ly
Old 06-01-2007, 03:07 PM

Default WLAN setup

Hi Matthias,

I spoke with Steve and he said version 3.03, 3.04, and 3.05 should be out for about a week.
Hopefully it makes it easier for the setup, Also I note the 3.02 version did not have the Degree F setting it only have the Degree C Hopefully on the new version will have that include.

Thanks

Lam Ly
Old 06-01-2007, 03:20 PM

Reefer Rob is on a distinguished road

Hi Matthias

Will 3.03 have the temperature dependant shut off of metal halides? We're into the the high 20s in the afternoon here now, makes me really nervous with no chiller.

Rob
Old 06-01-2007, 04:32 PM

monitors-direct is on a distinguished road

Instead of stresing fish with shutting the lights off, why not go for the GHL ProfiBreeze with fan controller, this will then shift all heat from the lights away from the water surface.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:54 PM

Reefer Rob is on a distinguished road

I have 2- 110 cfm fans on the tank that come on at nominal +.2, and a 200 cfm fan on the sump that comes on at nominal +.4. Works good in winter, but with 3- 400w halides it's not going to keep cool with air temperatures above 30. I'm also slowly migrating my MH photo period so they will be off by 3PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:29 PM

himat is on a distinguished road
Default GHL fan controller

can some please provide me with english instuctions for GHL fan controller
ps will this control the fan ,fast slow or, on / off

thanks
himat
Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 PM

Hi guys,

where can I look for the IP address?

Thanks

Lam
Old 06-06-2007, 06:08 AM

Matthias Gross is on a distinguished road

@Reefer Bob:
Firmware 3.03 will support temp.-dep. shut off for MH. Yesterday i finished programming of the new dosing pump functions, i think today i can implement the temp.-dep. functions.
@himat:
The fan controller regulates the RPM of the fan continiously, that means: very hot - very fast, a little to hot - slow, temp. ok - off
@Lam's reef:
You can look with the program "DeviceInstaller" for the address. But i recommend to assign the address first (then you don't need the DeviceInstaller):
You can assign the IP using the keypad of the ProfiLux - under menu extras - communication (please see instructions regarding this). This is possible since firmware 3.02. The IP-assignment is not possible over ProfiLuxControl, it can only be done on ProfiLux directly!
Old 06-06-2007, 09:37 PM

himat is on a distinguished road
Default L1/l2 L3/l4

Hi Guys

Have i got this correct eventuly i will whant to connect two dimmable balasts using EVG-AP2, one LED Bar, one fan control, one tunze pump.
all this using splitters

thanks
himat
Old 06-07-2007, 12:30 AM

GHL Profilux (UK) is on a distinguished road
Default An introduction

I thought it was about time I introduced myself on this forum, having just returned from vacation.

I have been working along side Michael from monitors-direct for a good few months now and will be taking over the sales function in the UK. I hope the moderators will be ok with my choice of forum name as our intention is only to promote the use of GHL Profilux globally and will assist in any way we can there is no sales opportunity for me on a Canadian forum purely to help and share information.

Just to give you a bit of background, I have been in the aquatics industry for over 18 yrs now, and I have kept some form of aquatic life for 30 odd years!

When I finally had a spare unit (as they are selling so fast) I set it up just prior to my vacation... a matter of hours! I can honestly say having used every other controller available in the UK, it is the best and most reliable controller I have used!

I have 2500ltrs of frag tanks and set the GHL up in a hurry, just hours before I left home for 10 days. On my return the system is perfect and using an RDP connection I was able to monitor everything and have full control! If there had of been a problem that I couldn't have coped with, then I could have alerted my carer to take any actions necessary!

Just to give you an idea of the just one of my tanks this photo was taken in Dec 2005 shortly after setting it up :

And a similar shot taken earlier this year 01 Feb: (you just don't trust this sort of system to anything but the best!) :

Just to say that all the staghorns in the photo are now growing above the water level despite frequent fragging! I'll try and get some more recent photos posted.

Apologies for the long post, but I hope it helps explains my experience and commitment to the product in the interests of the hobby.

All the best

Steve.