Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 05-16-2007, 07:44 PM

support@proline is on a distinguished road

Ok Guys
This is all exciting stuff ,we are really excited about the dosing pumps & also the firmware Upgrade .
Eric ,thank you for your Input ,as always Matthias is a step ahead of all of us .
On the side note:
I just received a call from the Dimmable T5 ballasts Manufacuterer,I should have some news very soon.I will keep everyone posted ,I know this has been taking a bit longer than we thought ,but we wanted to make sure we get the best product & be able to offer it to you @ a reasonable price ,anyway seems like the search is almost over as soon as I get word I will keep everyone posted.
Regards
Jason
Old 05-18-2007, 10:53 AM

jdjeff58 is on a distinguished road
Default Temp units

In the Profilux software version 3.02, under the 'controlling' drop down, the 'temperature', 'measurement data', and 'sensor overview' temperatures all read in celcius. The temperature graphical display reads in celcius as well. I see no place to change the units that display within the program itself. I have farenheit selected, but it only applies to the profilux display.

Is there a way to get the temperature values within the program to read in °F? Thanks.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:07 PM

Marsh is on a distinguished road
Default Connecting to Wireless Network

Hello,

I know this is a long standing issue but after reading the pdf and uploading new 3.02 software, I am still unable to connect wirelessly.
The pdf is very obtuse and circuitous. Do I have to create an Ip address on the unit itself and then try to connect? Anyway, I would like to get an idiot proof step by step, preferrable with screen prints, for Windows (XP and ? Vista), Profilux 3.02 software, and the Profilux (Plus) II unit. These are not inexpensive units and the instructions leave much to be desired. Adding a wireless printer or computer to my network is a no-brainer.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:20 PM

monitors-direct is on a distinguished road

Have you got the new step by step guide with screen shots I have been emailing out?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:26 PM

jdjeff58 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjeff58 View Post
In the Profilux software version 3.02, under the 'controlling' drop down, the 'temperature', 'measurement data', and 'sensor overview' temperatures all read in celcius. The temperature graphical display reads in celcius as well. I see no place to change the units that display within the program itself. I have farenheit selected, but it only applies to the profilux display.

Is there a way to get the temperature values within the program to read in °F? Thanks.
The same holds true for conductivity. If you change from mS to Salinity, the units stay at mS in the program.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:24 PM

I just joined and have not been on any mailing list.

my email mwmarsh@cox.net
Old 05-21-2007, 04:23 AM

zapco98 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by monitors-direct View Post
Have you got the new step by step guide with screen shots I have been emailing out?
Could I get you to send those to me? I've pm'd ya my email address...

Thanks
Old 05-21-2007, 06:33 AM

Matthias Gross is on a distinguished road

Hi to all,

a lot of questions the last days.

- display
the display mode (temperature, salinity, whatever) effects only to the display of the ProfiLux. I will add this feature in one of the next releases of ProfiLuxControl
- wireless
since 3.02 (firmware ProfiLux and ProfiLuxControl) it is much easier to do the settings. But: Some basic wireless settings which depend on the used wireless router or access point still must be done in any case. The new ProfiLuxControl 3.03 (coming soon) has some more functions to support this.
I hope Michael's instructions helped?
Old 05-21-2007, 10:49 AM

monitors-direct is on a distinguished road

I have now sent the instructions to every one who has requested them either by direct email, pm or on the forum, if you have not received them please check your spam folder and then let me know and I will send again.

In the UK we will have a wireless system up and running in about 1 weeks so can help further with any set up issues. the ony issue we have found so far is what type of router you are using but we are working on this also.

We are offering FREE global support to all users at support@ghl-profilux.com this is support only we do not market or sell in the USA or Canada, please contact Proline for this service.

hope it all made sense

Regards
Michael
Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 PM

I am now at work and will check my home email tonight. Nevertheless, are there instructions regarding use of a access point (AP) (wireless router)? The default setup is for Ad Hoc apparently. In addition are you aware of any problems with setting the system up on Vista?