Old 12-05-2002, 08:39 AM

Samw is on a distinguished road
Default Black Leopard wrasse

Rare/Exotic Macropharyngodon negrosensis

MORE PICS

Old 12-05-2002, 08:22 PM

jb1974 is on a distinguished road
Default wrasse

Wow! Nice leopard! Those black ones are certainly rare. It looks very healthy so I think you made an excellent choice. I have a weakness for them as well. I had 3 M. meleagris but one of them jumped, I was so upset . I have since added eggcrate over the top of my reef and am in search of a replacement. I may be searching for awhile though as they are hard to find in healthy condition. I wish more wholesalers would ship them with sand in the bag as they tend to have much improved survival rates then.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:00 PM

Thanks. It looks healthier in the photo than it actually was when I bought it. It was held in a tank with no live rock and very little sand. It was very skinny when I got it and I would not call it healthy. However, its been more alert now and has been eating bugs from my tank and has regained some weight. I have tons of bugs and worms since I started using DT's.

Was that your photo in RC with the 3 leopards and the Ricordias??
Old 12-06-2002, 02:16 AM

jb1974 is on a distinguished road
Default leopards

Yes, that was me that posted those leopard and ricordea pics.

My leopards are just starting to really fill out after 3 weeks now. I had a brief moment where I thought they were in trouble (long story, on Reef fishes forum on RC), but all is well again You'll have to keep us all updated on how the leopard fares and what his personality is like. Do you have any other wrasses in your tank?
Old 12-06-2002, 05:44 AM

Right on. Your setup is awesome. It was your photo that inspired me to look at a Leopard Wrasse. If you ever want to trade Ricordia 1 for 1 through Canada Post, thermos-style, let me know. I'm in.

Yes, I got lucky with my Black Leopard wrasse. For some reason, it was only $15. Prices around here for marine animals are very competitive. I see that they go for about C$50 to buy from online places like LiveAquaria.

No, I do not have any other wrasses but I do have 1 mandarin since I set up my tank a year ago. He can't keep the bugs in check. There's too many bugs.

I don't have a cover so jumping is a concern.