Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-30-2006, 11:01 PM

marcingo is on a distinguished road
Default What do you think of the seaclone

Just looking for some advice. What does everyone think of the seaclone 100 skimmer. Are they a pretty good skimmer? The reason I like it is that I must use a HOB skimmer and most skimmers I have seen are either way out of my budget or just giant and unsightly. Is there any negatives to using a seaclone? I know a worker at an LFS told me its a very bad skimmer which has led me to write this thread since I would like to have others opinion. If it is a bad one is there another more similarly sized skimmer that I can use that would be a better choice? Thanks everyone (by the way I am running a 55 gal)
Old 12-31-2006, 12:08 AM

craignlisa is on a distinguished road

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD....lol

Sorry i threw mine at a wall....lol
If you are still looking for something in that range i would look at the super skimmer. Still not great but WAY better than that. You have to mess with the super skimmer a bit...But thats about all i have to offer for suggestions in that range. For a little more you can get a Remora pro. Which is great and you barely notice it at the back of the tank. Post a wanted add on here for one and you will probably find someone who wants to sell theres...Gimme about a week and my remora will be for sale..

Lisa
130 gallon,20 gallon sump, 12,39 watt t5's in custom hood. naso tang,,pair of saddleback clowns, pair of true percs, 4 anthias,6 blue chromis, coral beauty, potters angel, keyhole angel,royal gramma,sixline wrasse,cleaner wrasse; and my new gorgeous and eating wonderfully regal angel,2 purple lta's and ,lots of softies and looking to upgrade the corals