Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 11-11-2006, 09:08 PM

pandafishowner is on a distinguished road
Default LF: cheap stand for 29 gallon tank

Looking for a cheap wooden stand for my 29 gallon tank. It's on a metal framed stand right now, but when we move I don't want to risk my cats running into it, or the kids getting the cords. Let me know what you have, how much you want, etc. I'm looking to buy it around the same time as we move (Dec 1). Thanks! Will pay for delivery lol

50g cube SW tank (24x24x20) w/20g sump and internal overflow box, Coralife 24" 2 x 65W Aqualight, skimmer, and 2x HOB filters
It has approx 35lbs live rock, clownfish, 1 black & white saddleback clownfish, asst'd mushrooms, asst'd zoas, gsp, turbo and other snails, blue legged, halloween and other hermit crabs, tuxedo urchin

10g FW tank with...
Current occupants are cardinal tetras and ameca splendons
Old 11-11-2006, 09:09 PM

prodogg02 is on a distinguished road

walmart sells them for 50 bucks
Old 11-11-2006, 09:59 PM

i had a wal-mart one and it got damaged by water and started leaning forward. not risking another stand like that

50g cube SW tank (24x24x20) w/20g sump and internal overflow box, Coralife 24" 2 x 65W Aqualight, skimmer, and 2x HOB filters
It has approx 35lbs live rock, clownfish, 1 black & white saddleback clownfish, asst'd mushrooms, asst'd zoas, gsp, turbo and other snails, blue legged, halloween and other hermit crabs, tuxedo urchin

10g FW tank with...
Old 11-11-2006, 10:47 PM

Neil is on a distinguished road

how cheap- like 2x4 cheap or something finished veneer cheap? If you dont care i would say do a 2x4 sanded and painted.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:56 PM

i'd prefer something like a cabinet so i could put the power bar inside and use a lock so my kids can't get into it (right now i keep the kitchen door closed so they can't go near it).

i could do a 2x4 one. would it work do you think if i bought the cheap crappy one from wal-mart and framed it with 2x4's inside?? my husband did all the framing and stuff for our housemate's 120gallon tank and it's super stable.

would that work? interested in helping or anything? i'm planning for close to our moving date.

10g FW tank with...
Old 11-12-2006, 09:32 PM

i put in a thread in the DIY forum. for a tank idea. let me know if it would work. i was thinking about it last night after Neil PM'd me thanks!

10g FW tank with...