Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 09-18-2006, 12:35 AM

Razz is on a distinguished road

Looks great Jim, do you mind sharing what the shipping and duty costs were? And one more if you dont mind, is the skimmer pump internal to the sump, just wondering as my sump is not drilled, by the look of that skimmer it will be hard not too start planning for an order asap.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:41 AM

medican is on a distinguished road

Check this out

Austin Oceans is so pleased with how Jim's and soon to be Deb's skimmer turnned out there offering all us Canadian folk a deal.......

http://austinoceans.com/canadacustomers.html
Old 09-20-2006, 02:53 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Sweet.

Here's a question for you guys .. how long did it take from order to delivery? Do they stock them or will they construct once the order is taken?
Old 09-20-2006, 04:10 AM

Hey Tony....how are ya???Well....Jim's about a month or so, they have just taken over Brent's making of the stuff. Deb's once it is here I think about two weeks. They say once they catch up to suppliers and get in full swing....should be now, shouldent take long. They water test everything they put out. Jim's got put back a bit due to parts and they found a water leek at testing so back into the shop it went. Well worth the wait......
In most cases they will have them in stock....depends on demand....If they don't it will be made as ordered I'm thinking.

Last edited by medican; 09-20-2006 at 04:16 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:55 AM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

I was thinking of getting one of their calcium reactors, the design seems very well thought-out.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:03 AM

Razz is on a distinguished road

Jim, Have you got an update on your new skimmer, hows it running, I have heard from other websites that it runs very noisy, with limited skimming after you have put your hands in the tank or other oily type things. I really like the idea of the skimmer but skeptical until a few reviews come through. Any comments would sure be appreciated.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:02 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Jim's is in his basement and ours will be in the room with us, so I hope that will make the difference.

I know we have switched from ordering the Iwaki (which Jim has, which would be too noisy in the room), to the Sequence. Our skimmer still hasn't shipped, they found some flaws and want it perfect......
Old 10-01-2006, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz
Jim, Have you got an update on your new skimmer, hows it running, I have heard from other websites that it runs very noisy, with limited skimming after you have put your hands in the tank or other oily type things. I really like the idea of the skimmer but skeptical until a few reviews come through. Any comments would sure be appreciated.
Hey Razz.....

Jim has been busy these days so I'll pipe in if you don't mind....

The skimmer is quite for something that has 2000GPH running through it. Each Beckett is sucking 35 SCFH but it goes through a few tubes and through a air filter/silencer so you hear a little bit from it but not much.
Yes...the skimmer for its size is sensitive to water changes(hands no, oily food yes) as all skimmers are to one degree or another. but does return to normal very soon.

THINGS WE HAVE LEARNED TO DATE:

Iwaki 100MX great pump for this skimmer but a higher level os noise from it. Sequence is a better choice if noise is a large factor.

After cleaning make sure all seals are lubed and in place before you start back up.

This is no toy........its made to handle the big boys.

Waist collector a must......if skimmer goes nuts like all can......2000 GPH need I say more.......

Get a hold of Jim I'm sure he wouldent mind showing it off. (you might think he is compansating for something)

Hope this helps

Last edited by medican; 10-01-2006 at 10:47 PM.