Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 05:36 AM

Pan is on a distinguished road

who really cares....as i recall i did not have to sign anything stating that i would use proper grammar, nor correct spelling. It's a shame that poorly worded messages and use of another language would make you want to leave. I'm quite new here, but leaving for the reasons given seems like a shame to me.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:40 AM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuatto
"HOWEVER ,THE FACT THAT YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO USE THE WORD GOOK IN A PUBLIC "

I dont think he used the word in the sense you thought,"gobbly-gook",just a slang or phrase to mean mixed up.
"gook" "kike" "spik" etc are just symbols...don't let them bother you
black people did the right thing by reappropriating the "N" word, it made it quite powerless. It may just be me, but I find it quite funny when one has that much power of someone with one word. This is not to offend anyone so please READ before you yell at me, use your mind and take in what I said...don't just "go off"

Step back from people and define things for yourselves...it is quite empowering
Old 04-08-2006, 05:42 AM

G1GY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfish
I new here , And i read all the post from begging to end , and i do not judge anyone for there spelling because i am the worse speller and i don't know where to put the comma's and ...... if we had to write letter to get knowledge maybe we would all be great at it . but i cut hair for a living ,i don;t sit at a desk job writeing allday .I speak to people and knowone tells me i speak badly . but before I emmbrass myself the most i write is someone name in the appointment book , but i do read a book aweek ,and thats about 500/ 1000 pages long . i dont sit around and watch tv at night .
Your spelling may not be 100% perfect, but the meaning and what you try to convey is as clear as it gets.

You have nothing to be embarased about at all.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET A BONG!?!

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
Old 04-08-2006, 05:46 AM

Chin_Lee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Chin_Lee
Default Insulting

I would be quite insulted by Bob's comments if I am a landed immigrant who is unable to write very well in English. A person's ability to use proper grammar and sentence structure is very dependant on that person's background which includes, but not limited to, their educational, cultural, social, economical, and even their demographical background. To make such a comment violates that person's constitutional right to express themselves freely REGARDLESS of their ability to do so in the English language.
An individual's tolerance of those who are not fluent writing in the English language should be kept to themselves - to publicly express your intolerance is otherwise known as racism.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:06 AM

G1GY is on a distinguished road

Sad to see this thread take a racial turn.

I don't think Bob is anything other than a man who likes exellent grammar.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET A BONG!?!

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
Old 04-08-2006, 06:19 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

We're here to learn about reefs! i kept reading to find his post saying he was just kidding. Come here to learn how to best care for your reef, bad english or not. There may even be young reefers just getting wet (as I am) who simply haven't mastered grammar etc. It matters not. Reef on!

Brett
Old 04-08-2006, 06:44 AM

seashells is on a distinguished road
Talking

Gee Bob... you're sounding a little racist and elitist. People here are not writing a legal contact but are here to chat and learn insight to great hobby. Sometimes our thoughts come out faster than we type. If you have ever worked in the airline industry it is filled with abbreviations for common words. I use them frequently on MSN. I will help other members as best I can and if I need clarification on their thoughts I will ask for it. Anyway you have a great time and pse (please) close the door when you leave.

Doug
Old 04-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

I guess if the author is not reading the board anymore, then thee is not much sense in leaving this thread open.