Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-06-2006, 02:29 PM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

Mark,

Did the guy at your kids' pool match the description, particularly the streaked hair, of the guy at the school?

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel
Old 04-06-2006, 02:42 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

Such a tragedy.

I heard on the radio this morning, a report of a black male with the same description came into a salon to get a hair dye. Retard. He'll get what's coming to him, and then some.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:01 PM

Beermaster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Beermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly
Mark,

Did the guy at your kids' pool match the description, particularly the streaked hair, of the guy at the school?
Nope, he had short hair, almost shaved - My daughter after we showed her the discription of the man from edmonton stated that he also had 2 kids with him, so maybe it was just a nice guy and not a sicko, but still scared the shit out of my wife and me

Its just there are scary things that happen in our world now, and being a parent, you try not to take those chances! then again look what just happened right in a school, thats just plain scary. I personaly wouldn't blame the school, but what do you do?
Old 04-06-2006, 06:32 PM

Scott,

I hope you heard that radio thing correctly. Haven't been hooked into tv or radio all day. If it's true, everyone in Edmonton will sure feel safer for their kids. But then, there's always gonna be more of those monsters out there Like Mark said, you just can't take chances with your children

Old 04-07-2006, 03:17 PM

Watched the news last night and read the paper today. The guy has not been caught yet

All he'd have to do is shave his head or wear a hat of some sort to disguise his streaked hair. He may have even streaked his hair just prior to his crime, then shaved his head or dyed his own hair back to normal so people who know him might not have seen the streaked hair which is his most distinguishing feature.

This guy is smart. He must watched the school for some time to know how and when to get in. He may be miles away from here by now, or he may be scoping out some other facility where there are children

Old 04-07-2006, 04:33 PM

lil_clownfish13 is on a distinguished road

alright, the comment was said in haste, so mark i do apologize for the insinuation in my comment...

i said it because it seems that everytime something like this happens, it immediately flies up that every black male "could be" the perp. Take a look at the description of the guy again... with his head shaved, he's about average... my point was moreso that as much as we feel sorry for the little girl for her terrifying experience. we should feel sorry for the scores of black men with short hair that fit the description.

As much as we all would like to think, our police force is full of racist police officers, as much as it is full of good ones. Of course, if you are white, you would never even know.

would the same thing be happening if the perp was not black? or maybe if the little girl was black? or of native heritage?

this happens over and over in our society, nothing gets done until a white person disappears or gets hurt. (like out on the Highway of Tears in BC)(Native women have been going missing on that highway for two decades, and then all of a sudden a white tree planter woman goes missing...and all of a sudden RCMP are all over it.)

i think the relevance of anyone's skin color doesn't need to be mentioned, and if indeed people's skin color is irrelevant, then why mention it? if it makes no difference of what color of person approaches your kids, and he doesn't fit the description,why say?

I think that if we really want race to not be such an issue... we should start treating it like what it really is.... NOT REAL.

Next time you go to point out someone, or describe someone... See if you can do it without mentioning race, skin color or ethnicity... Its harder than you think. We treat race like a description, like fat or thin, short or tall, despite the fact that the negative consequences for all of us go far beyond that.

I don't mean any of these statements as inflammatory, but just think them over, whether you agree or disagree... its all worth a thought right?

(p.s. I attended Oliver school for junior high, and honestly, this guy would just have had to enter any door except the front door, and there is a secluded washroom in a long hallway, or thru the back door and there is one right beside the empty gymnasium. Scoping out the school would really not be all that necessary.)

I am glad they are getting kids to go in pairs now... they should have been doing that all along...these bathrooms are so secluded away from anything...no one would hear if you shouted for help if you slipped and hurt yourself.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:42 PM

G1GY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_clownfish13
alright, the comment was said in haste, so mark i do apologize for the insinuation in my comment...

i said it because it seems that everytime something like this happens, it immediately flies up that every black male "could be" the perp. Take a look at the description of the guy again... with his head shaved, he's about average... my point was moreso that as much as we feel sorry for the little girl for her terrifying experience. we should feel sorry for the scores of black men with short hair that fit the description.

As much as we all would like to think, our police force is full of racist police officers, as much as it is full of good ones. Of course, if you are white, you would never even know.

would the same thing be happening if the perp was not black? or maybe if the little girl was black? or of native heritage?

this happens over and over in our society, nothing gets done until a white person disappears or gets hurt. (like out on the Highway of Tears in BC)(Native women have been going missing on that highway for two decades, and then all of a sudden a white tree planter woman goes missing...and all of a sudden RCMP are all over it.)

i think the relevance of anyone's skin color doesn't need to be mentioned, and if indeed people's skin color is irrelevant, then why mention it? if it makes no difference of what color of person approaches your kids, and he doesn't fit the description,why say?

I think that if we really want race to not be such an issue... we should start treating it like what it really is.... NOT REAL.

Next time you go to point out someone, or describe someone... See if you can do it without mentioning race, skin color or ethnicity... Its harder than you think. We treat race like a description, like fat or thin, short or tall, despite the fact that the negative consequences for all of us go far beyond that.

I don't mean any of these statements as inflammatory, but just think them over, whether you agree or disagree... its all worth a thought right?

(p.s. I attended Oliver school for junior high, and honestly, this guy would just have had to enter any door except the front door, and there is a secluded washroom in a long hallway, or thru the back door and there is one right beside the empty gymnasium. Scoping out the school would really not be all that necessary.)

I am glad they are getting kids to go in pairs now... they should have been doing that all along...these bathrooms are so secluded away from anything...no one would hear if you shouted for help if you slipped and hurt yourself.

Quote:
i said it because it seems that everytime something like this happens, it immediately flies up that every black male "could be" the perp.
If the shoe fits..................
If the description was that of a slim white guy with tattoos I wouldn't be supprised when stopped and questioned. I would be a victim of chance and would not even dream of saying that it was because of anything other than that.

Quote:
Take a look at the description of the guy again... with his head shaved, he's about average.
Exactly! So why then would it not prudent to look at the "average" person (That fits the description.) as someone of intrest? Anything else would be irresponsible IMO.

Quote:
my point was moreso that as much as we feel sorry for the little girl for her terrifying experience. we should feel sorry for the scores of black men with short hair that fit the description.
I'm sure you won't find anyone who doesn't feel for the little girl and her family, but I myself don't feel sorry for anyone else who might fit the description. The description is what it is and that's all. Anyone that wants to turn this into something other than an investigation to find a pedo (White, brown, yellow or black.) should maybe re-evalluate things.

Quote:
What you mean by "racist police officers"? Do you have something to support this? If not, I would suggest that you don't make a statement like this unless you have enough valid material to support this. (Opinions of people you know do not count as valid material.)

Quote:

Did you even take the time to read up on all the particulars on this case!?! The "white tree planter woman" was indeed not the first victim, but was the only victim who's family kept up a constant search. They had countless family, freinds and vollunteers searching and kept pressure on the media and the law enforcement community to help them with their search. This alone was the reason for her dissapearance to be more in the spotlight. To make some kind of claim that law enforcement concidered her life more of a loss than the others is just specullation and has little substance.

Quote:

Like it or not our skin colour is likely our most distinctive feature. So why then would it not be of importance to describe me as "A pasty white guy that should get more sun."?

Quote:
I too mean no harm with what I've posted in this thread, but do find that more often than not people are very quick to hop on the "racisim" band wagon to try and not trample on someone elses feelings. After all, it's not like Rodny King got beat up on the streets of Edmonton last week.

FWIW, I'm not a big fan of police officers in general. I myself have had the lions share of dealings with them in my younger years and have little or no respect for many of them. That being said, anyone with nothing to hide has very little to worry about when dealing with them.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET A BONG!?!

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>

Last edited by G1GY; 04-07-2006 at 09:46 PM.