Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 06-29-2002, 02:41 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road
Default Mitch - Rob

What is the update ? Do we have any idea of a timeframe ?
Old 06-29-2002, 10:20 AM

MitchM is on a distinguished road
Default Mitch - Rob

no nothing yet.
my weekends are filling up though...

Mitch
Old 06-29-2002, 01:39 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus
Default Mitch - Rob

In my very limited memory, I seem to recall that Rob said something about being at a conference in Banff that run over the weekend, and that if he were to meet up with us, it would be either just before, or just after the conference. So a weekend was out to begin with.

Who has the greatest rapport with Rob, and wouldn't mind sending him an email? I assume that we'll still host this at Mitch's place, but hey Mitch, if you're not certain if that is still good for you, I'm sure we can work with that. (I haven't hosted a meeting yet myself and would like to someday. Of course my three tanks are still respectively one abomination, one embarrassment, and one work-in-progress so I'd have to work real quick to fix that. (I've kind of set as my "drop dead" target for getting my 50g down, my 75g up in final config, the end of July. This means I have roughly 2,3 weeks to set up a new tank for my ritteri [unlikely], find a new home for it [hmmm possible], or decide as unreasonable to take down the 50 just yet until perhaps after my vacation [hmmm probably the likely outcome])...)

But I seem to remember it was around the 10th of July that Rob was here. So we should probably firm this up real quick ...

BTW, I'll be out of town this weekend (I really shouldn't even be on the 'pooter I should be getting things ready). I'll be back late Monday. Have a good Canada Day, everyone, and see y'all next week ... :D
Old 07-01-2002, 01:30 PM

MitchM is on a distinguished road
Default Mitch - Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by delphinus:
...but hey Mitch, if you're not certain if that is still good for you, I'm sure we can work with that. (I haven't hosted a meeting yet myself and would like to someday. Of course my three tanks are still respectively one abomination, one embarrassment, and one work-in-progress so I'd have to work real quick to fix that....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Tony, don't be so quick to criticize your many set-ups! You've got a LOT of interesting things happening in your system, and I think it's GREAT!
When I saw your set-up, I was especially impressed with your success with the small clams [img]smile.gif[/img] :cool: .
Having the meeting at your place would most certainly be more interesting than at mine.
Jonathan has seen my set-up, and he can attest to how basic it is right now. I don't have my CA reactor or skimmer running, and my 180 sump isn't going to be hooked up to my main tank until I have moved to my new home.
My system is still in the basic maintenance mode that it was in for when I went to Vancouver.

Mitch
Old 07-01-2002, 03:05 PM

Troy F is on a distinguished road
Default Mitch - Rob

Tony, you have to hang on to the Heteractis magnifica, it's so rare to hear of someone having success with one I wouldn't chance moving it to someone with a different set up and possibly different husbandry skills. JMO
Old 07-02-2002, 04:01 AM

Canadian Man is on a distinguished road
Default Mitch - Rob

Everyone i have seen all has great setups, Mitch's setup is amazing just cause of the size. :eek: :eek:
Old 07-02-2002, 08:08 PM

Location: Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology (http://www.hawaii.edu/HIMB/)
Biogeek is on a distinguished road
Default Mitch - Rob

Hey Mitch I'm very sorry that I didn't reply to your Email sooner, but I just finally got the firm dates from my brother today, and have just finished booking my flights a few minutes ago. I thought that it might be best if I just post my travel plans here rather than sending you an Email because it's kind of short notice now.

Anyhow, I arrive in Calgary on Monday (July 8th) evening and can be free pretty much any time that works for you guys on Tuesday or Wednesday. I am supposed to be at a conference in Banff that starts on Thursday (July 11th), so I'll have to leave mid-day on Thursday, and I fly out right after the meeting is over.

Do either of those days or evenings work for you guys?

Rob
Old 07-02-2002, 09:31 PM

Canadian Man is on a distinguished road
Default Mitch - Rob

Monday (of course the day you didnt list) works well for me as I am off that day.
Tuesday and Wednesday probably wont work as I work from 12:30 to 8:30 both days. If our meeting is in the morning it would work but that is highly unlikley.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:32 PM

Bob I is on a distinguished road
Default Mitch - Rob

I don't remember where the meeting was to be, but I am free after about 1830 hrs both days, DEFINITELY :D
Bob
Old 07-02-2002, 10:47 PM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road
Default Mitch - Rob

Jonathan, take a day off or a sick day [img]tongue.gif[/img] Even I am going to try and hit this one...anti-social creature that I am :D

I don't know what morning is, I could learn to function then, if I had to. So, pretty much anytime, anyplace those days :cool:

I will bring beer and crab dip. (I guess not beer if it is AM) If you guys seriously can't get it together, we can have it here. We actually had a reef party a few years ago, I think that was when I began to get anti-social....hmmmmm :D ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]