Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-14-2006, 05:35 PM

spikehs is on a distinguished road

well got my appointment booked. March 31st it is. It was actually cheaper than I had thought. Came to $2750 at Gimbel. Now its time to play the waiting game.. Supposed to be a pretty painful recovery from what I hear.....
Old 03-14-2006, 06:26 PM

jws444 is on a distinguished road
PRK is a little more painful than Lasik because the 'wound' is exposed on the outside, rather than healing quietly under a flap of tissue. All people have different reactions. Some feel almost nothing and some feel quite a bit of irritation. You'll get protective contact lenses right after surgery, but these have to come out fairly soon. ouch! You'll also get a huge assortment of eye drops that have to be dripped every few hours. Some are antibiotics and some are pain killers. They really do a good job of numbing your eye. Your eyes will be dialated and light sensitive for a few days so you'll get these not-so-cool looking shades. Your vision will be quite blurry too. It's annoying because your first instinct will be to hold items close to get focus , but it won't help one bit. You'll be quite bored at home doing nothing too. Oh, you can listen to the TV. Good luck!

Last edited by jws444; 03-14-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:29 PM

woodcarver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_alberta
I believe that Keratomy (or however you spell it) is when they cut it up into pie slices and reshape it. I think this is an older method before PRK and Lasik.
Thats correct MR ALBERTA. The procedure has been used for years before laser surgery became the fashion.There seems to be a high success rate ,with a skillful surgeon without some of the complications suffered by the laser patients and the ability to correct without loss of tissue.
For me ,I will stick with glasses .
All the best stikehs.................
Dave
Old 03-14-2006, 08:20 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

4 Eyes 4 Life

All jokes.. I just got myself some new frames. I have been considering laser surgery as well, but after reading this thread.... ehhhhh I'm still young anyhow.. I can wait on it.

Anyways, good luck with the procedure, let us know how things go.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDP
4 Eyes 4 Life

All jokes.. I just got myself some new frames. I have been considering laser surgery as well, but after reading this thread.... ehhhhh I'm still young anyhow.. I can wait on it.

Anyways, good luck with the procedure, let us know how things go.
I am pretty young myself, 23.... although my eyes have been stable for a while now 3+ years... so I should be good to go.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:19 PM

Well, good luck to you! Please do let us know how the procedure goes.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:27 PM

Invigor is on a distinguished road

good lord, I don't feel so bad with these -6.25 slightly astigmatistic eyes of my own! I personally have never considered laser eye surgery, glasses and contacts suit me fine..heck I only wear my contacts once or twice a month. talk about laaaaaaazy!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:44 PM

Contacts suck! They suck big time for me anyways... I've tried over 6 pairs and all of them sucked haha. They were all so uncomforatable and irritating. It's too bad, as I don't mind putting them in.... and they're a nice break from glasses. I guess my eyes just don't like contacts.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:42 PM

I just cant handle not being able to see ANYTHING when i wake up!
Old 04-05-2006, 04:34 AM

well, its now been about 4.5 days since the surgery and I can say that it definaltey was a success. the first 3 days were not much fun, vision wasn't great (foggy and blurry) not to mention very painful, kinda felt like someone had poured sand in my eyes, but on the fourth day everything seemed to get much better. The discomfort is about 90% gone, and I'd say my vision is at about 80% of where it should be... all in all so far i am definaltey happy and would recommend Gimbel to anyone who is thinking of doing it. I would definatley not going with one of the "bargain brand" places, but rather gimbel or demong. Ended up paying $2300 after i had a $400 corporate discount.