Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Those stream type powerheads can & will kill sea hares so make sure they're covered. Any powerheads can suck up an unsuspecting sea hare but the Tunze & Seios are so high powered, they're even more of threat.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:14 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

the lawnmower blennie is a film algae eater, won't make any difference in the hair alage at all.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:15 PM

Old Guy is on a distinguished road

I actually have a 20gal with lots of hair algae growth. I put this growth into my FOWLR tank.My fox face rabbit fish and my blueface angel will clean a rock in about 2 hours. The rabbit loves all types of algae whereas the lawnmower in the same tank would prefer for me to feed it .
Old 03-14-2006, 06:45 AM

Bartman is on a distinguished road

With your tank being so new and if you don't have many corals yet you might consider cutting back on your lighting period (if you haven't already). You didn't say whether your live rock was cured or not when you got it. A number of articles I've read suggest slowly raising your lighting period on new tanks from 4 to 10 hours over 6-8 weeks.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:09 PM

b_james is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman
With your tank being so new and if you don't have many corals yet you might consider cutting back on your lighting period (if you haven't already). You didn't say whether your live rock was cured or not when you got it. A number of articles I've read suggest slowly raising your lighting period on new tanks from 4 to 10 hours over 6-8 weeks.
The rock I got was 'supposably' curred according to my vendor, however with the delay in shipment I did expect a considerable amount of die-off. The lighting cycle started a week after receiving the LR, followed by MH's a week after that with a short 3-4 hour photo period. After I started with aggressive water changes in the 3rd week I increased the photo period to about 7 hours. So basically for the last 3 weeks my MH's have been on a 7 hour schedule.

150 Gal Deep Dimension Cube, with Model 2 sump/filter, CO2 reactor, milwakee pH controller, auto-top off, 2 radion LED lighting, Vortech MP40 cor internal circulation.