Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-15-2005, 06:38 AM

adidas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to adidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veng68
whatever you do........ don't buy from ATIC......... very bad service especially if you have a return or problems.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]
they must have changed, used to be my favorite pc store when i lived in vancouver..
Old 09-15-2005, 06:52 AM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Its actually quite common knowledge that customers of ATIC are yelled at and accused of lying to the store when the customer tries to make a claim that they did not receive what they ordered.

"http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=atic+service&num=10&scoring=r&hl=en&as _epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=van.*"

http://groups.google.com/group/van.f...ca1aa5ab1e05ff
Old 09-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Administrator

titus has disabled reputation

Hello,

Better service than Atic and pricing not bad.
www.anitec.ca

Titus
Old 09-15-2005, 03:02 PM

Troy F is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Its actually quite common knowledge that customers of ATIC are yelled at and accused of lying to the store when the customer tries to make a claim that they did not receive what they ordered.
Oh that would go over well. I'd end up in jail.

It's funny, the last couple of places I've bought systems from have been brutal. Told the manager he ought to have them all spanked right before nap time every day as a reminder to treat the grown ups with proper respect.

Again, thanks for the suggestions. I'm still curious if anyone knows anything about the new XP 64. I've read reviews about the AMD 3800+ and it gets rave reviews but I don't want to get the OS if it's all buggy.

lusus naturae
Old 09-15-2005, 03:08 PM

LostMind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LostMind

64bit XP is pretty good... but I've found a few driver issues here and there. Haven't noticed a speed increase myself, but I haven't really used that pc for anything but mail and web browser, messenger/icq, etc.

If only I had some more real input for you....
Old 09-27-2005, 06:29 AM

TommDool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMind
64bit XP is pretty good... but I've found a few driver issues here and there. Haven't noticed a speed increase myself, but I haven't really used that pc for anything but mail and web browser, messenger/icq, etc.

If only I had some more real input for you....
Well I work for a local computer shop here on the Island as teh sales manager. The computer you priced out is a great computer, you will be very happy with it. All top end parts. Asus makes teh best boards, seagate has 5yr warrenty, Kingston is the most stable Ram, so on and so on. Just be aware the atic is not a good place to buy from. They have been known to sell stuff that have been RMA'd and fixed as new. They have also been cought taking the old PII's and switching out 500Mhz and placing 350's in the little black cases. Cought this myself on mine and a friends CPU when we notice damage to the outer casing. so be careful.

P.S.

The XP 64 has some bugs last time I tried it. They did just release the OEM version which I haven't tried. The pre release copy I had from Microsoft was flakey. Most of the 64 bit side didn't work and I was stuck using the 32bit apps. Hopefully they fixed this.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:53 PM

reefburnaby is on a distinguished road

Hi,

The computer looks great and it will still have some legs left after Microsoft releases their next windows in 2 years. However, the AMD 3800 is quite expensive these days and you can save a lot of money by choosing a slightly slower processor (like a 3500) - 10% slower, save $120 and you probably can't tell the difference anyway. Otherwise....I would have chosen a 3800 dual core for an extra $50 - two processors for an extra $50. I would also consider getting a slightly larger hardrive - they are so cheap these days.

As for XP64...I'd stay with XP for the time being. http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/20050823/index.html

- Victor.