Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures > FTOTM Entries & Questions

View Poll Results: Should Canreef have a tank of the month?
Yes 105 89.74%
No 12 10.26%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2005, 03:40 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I know on a couple other boards the TOTM is run by nomination but you are not allowed to nominate your own tank.

so lets say Brad has a nice tank (I couldn't tell yesterday as the lights were of when I looked ) so I would submit a e-mail/msg to the TOTM committee stating that Brad has a exceptional tank that would be worthy of the TOTM and include a short description of the set up and maybe a pic of the tank.

so the committee reviews all the nominations they get in a specific period and they pick 3 (1st, 2nd, and 3rd.) they contact the first person and tell him he has been nominated for TOTM and ask if he is interested, if not they go to Number 2, and so on.. if he is then the 2nd they had is contacted for the next month and then they just pick a new 3rd from new submissions. this way they are always working 3 months in advance.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:35 PM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

Steve,

We have a secret forum, bwahahahahaaaaa, where all kinds of FTOTM stuff is discussed. Some threads are four pages long, and one thread had to be split into two We got it covered, man

And we're not so elitist here that a person can't nominate their own tank, so shine up your tanks and send a few pics to ftotm@canreef.com

With all the input from, and work being done by, the Committee, Canreef's FTOTM is gonna be great

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel
Old 05-16-2005, 04:44 PM

Anonymous is on a distinguished road

If it was was worth it financialy to advertise on canreef people would do it,but it's not .
Old 05-16-2005, 05:24 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Whoops, forgot to tighten up the post privileges. Thanks for catching that Should be fixed now.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:53 PM

sumpfinfishe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sumpfinfishe

Well IYWMO I think some LFS's would probably pay to advertise here on Canreef except that some post can hurt these retailers just as much as help there business. I remember a thread not too long ago on here that totally hurt a LFS's reputation just because of one small problem between a staff and board member. Also maybe some LFS's in our community's don't realize how much reading or how many members actually surf Canreef, thus not knowing the potential of advertising here. I'm sure that Titus will eventually get more advertising and sponsor's here because LFS's will realize that more and more people not only post and read articles here, they in fact would also do there shopping here through sponors and advertising too

all that we do is touched with ocean,
yet we remain on the shore of what we know
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/5/aquarium
Old 05-16-2005, 10:28 PM

Tarolisol is on a distinguished road

Well since im tottaly oblivious and never even saw this post. Or the new forum could someone summerize the main ideas on this post since i am way to lazy to read 8 pages.

Back in the good ole days
Old 05-16-2005, 10:33 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarolisol
Well since im tottaly oblivious and never even saw this post. Or the new forum could someone summerize the main ideas on this post since i am way to lazy to read 8 pages.
nope... go read it.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Administrator

titus has disabled reputation

Hello,

Just nominate someone's tank to be featured in FTOTM.

Titus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarolisol