Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 05-11-2005, 05:34 PM

reefandt is on a distinguished road
Default aquasafe system

does anyone have the aquasafe system? I just bought it, and trying to hook it up. very frustrating. water mostly goes to the discharge line, totally wasted. I have been waiting for the company to return my emails, very slow, and they dont answer phone calls. in the meantime, the system is not working, my kitchen is a mess. please help!
thanks
Old 05-11-2005, 05:38 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

RO works on a principle that means you have about a 3:1 ratio of waste water to product water. (Three times as much water going down the drain, compared to your "clean RO" water.) Unfortunately that's just the way RO works. Your waste line should be plumbed into a drain (if you can harness the waste water to water your lawn then you're really laughing).
Old 05-11-2005, 06:39 PM

ABreefkpr is on a distinguished road

A Permeate Pump http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/s...t_ID=RO-AFPERM will help you save the waste water but like Tony says normal ratio is 3:1.
I bought the aquarium model from Aquasafe and it works great. I don't get 100GPD I don't think but production is good.

Keith
Old 05-11-2005, 06:51 PM

reefandt is on a distinguished road

thanks guys, very helpful. i think it is working now.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:48 AM

Shy_Koi is on a distinguished road

Must be an Aquasafe day, I just set mine up this afternoon
Ran into a couple of glitches...
The system had to go into my basement rather than the recommended under sink installation. The red feed water hose came supplied as 2 ft and I needed 25" to reach the nearest cold water line (it came with a factory crimped fitting, so I couldn't just replace the length of hose). Fixed it by extending the hanging bracket with a 2x4. Now I just have to remember to duck when I go under this particular area...

The yellow waste water line was even shorter, but I modified it by sticking it into a length of aquarium siphoning hose and then running it into the drain.
The only 2 fittings that I actually had to attach, leaked like sieves. Ran to the local co-op but they had just sold the last container of plumber's compound (Ed's 1st choice) and only had teflon tape left (Ed's last choice)

8 tries later and the teflon taped fittings only "slightly" leak now
I've given up and sat them in a basin...

My house water pressure is pretty poor: ~40 and the tds is ~290. That combined with a very cold water water feed, is presently giving a pretty slow RO/DI output, compared to a strong waste water output. I've not measured it yet, but it's prob close to 8:1
Just happy I finally got this thing set up

~Tamara
Old 05-12-2005, 03:48 AM

kari is on a distinguished road

Shy_Koi, you can find 1/4" line at HD or Rona for a few dollars. The solid colored hose will be a little harder to find locally.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:37 AM

Shy_Koi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari
Shy_Koi, you can find 1/4" line at HD or Rona for a few dollars. The solid colored hose will be a little harder to find locally.
Thanks Kari!
~Tamara