Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Vancouver Island

Old 01-25-2005, 12:39 AM

mwm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moray Guy
Sorry to hear about that. Rob at My Fish Tank builds aquariums. Its not very cheap though. I just got a 73 gallon that was pretty pricey. Its worth it though because he uses lots of caulking and thick glass.

Matt
How much did that cost?
Old 01-25-2005, 12:46 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCWolfen
Thanks Steve,

Looks like I will be getting a 90Gal with LR and sand in it already this weekend. What thickness of foam would you recommend? Just a thin 1/4" piece to help disrtibute the weight?
I use the pink sheets at home depot that are 1/2" thick.
just one layer will do as if your stand is more than 1/4" out it should be fixed hehe

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:14 AM

Coldwater is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How much did that cost?
It cost some $513.34$. That included a 73 gallon tank, three sump holes with bulkhead fittings and a glass lid. . That took me a while to make because all I have is a paper route and I do odd jobs. .

Matt
Old 01-26-2005, 01:02 AM

air*force*one is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to air*force*one Send a message via Yahoo to air*force*one
Default Re: Flood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCWolfen
Well, my 77Gal sprang a leak tonight. The bottom plate seprated ever so slightly from one of the sides and started to pour all over the floor.

Managed to get all the water out before it ruined evrything.

Many thanks to air*force*one for providing a new home to my cichlids.
They would not have survived the night.

Scavanger or Christy. Do either of you know which glass shop in Naniamo does aquariums. I had this same problem 2 years ago when I first bought the tank. Obviously they did not do a very good job, so I'd like to find a better place that can completely tear it down and re build it.

Does anyone have an idea if this is worth it? Or would it be checpaer to just buy another tank?

Thanks.....

Tired and wet....
i was told it is like 20$ for a new peace of glass on a 55g you should go to one of the local glass shops and ask prices there is one right next to my fish tank i think and it is easy to reseal things and my fish tank does it aswell if you do not wanna do it yourself.