Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 01-06-2021, 05:14 PM

Guy is on a distinguished road
Default FS: Rotifers - $20 - Surrey

I'm having a go at raising Rotifers and offering them for sale, my LPS and Mandarin love em! There's only so much I can dose to my own tanks!

Limited Quantities available per day, selling them in an 8oz bottle at the moment, but realistically it it's strained and then added to new salt water... I could just add less water but want to give them enough breathing room!

Live L Type Rotifers are rinsed and packaged in fresh salt water with some phytoplankton to feed them. No straining needed, add directly from the bottle.

Here's a basic run down...

Rotifers are an essential part of the marine food chain, thriving off phytoplankton. They are perfect sized food for new fry hatchlings, corals, small invertebrates and picky fish within your tank. Target feed your coral or dose directly to your sump or display tank at night to help seed your tank.

Store in the fridge with cap open to allow for oxygen to get in the bottle. Shake lightly daily with cap closed. Recommended to use within 2 weeks but the earlier the better, may need to add phytoplankton during that time if they exhaust what's in the bottle.

Combine with a phytoplankton dosing regiment to promote the growth of microfauna within your reef tank and establish a robust food chain for all your inhabitants.

Phytoplankton also available at

2.7 oz - $6
8 oz - $12
16 oz. $20
Old 01-07-2021, 04:24 AM

Default Photos

Phytoplankton

Rotifers

Rotifer close up - doesn't do it justice, it's packed with miniscule dots that haze the picture.

Old 01-09-2021, 04:49 AM

Default Sale Price

Offering a sale price of $10 per bottle for the time being.

Added pictures of the bottles with a flash light to show the rotifers more clearly.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:05 AM

Default Live Video of Rotifers

Linked a video of mine, using USB Microscope connected to the computer. Cool to see the rotifers! Taken at 40x magnification. Video taken today on Jan 8th, 2021.

http://imgur.com/pVN8iFi
Old 01-10-2021, 12:44 AM

Rpetersen is on a distinguished road

Super cool. Definitely helpful to increase biodiversity in the tank.

How do you assure these do not have aiptasia, ich, and other hitchhikers?

Thanks
Old 01-10-2021, 02:12 AM

They were started from cysts from Florida Aqua Farms, cultured in their own vessels and ramped up to the current production. All items used for their culture are only used for just that, regularly washed and sanitized using vingear baths. Phytoplankton is cultured here as well in small batches.

All water is mixed separately for use in the culture as it's to a different salinity. Only batched fresh salt water is used, never aquarium water.

Rotifers are strained out of the culture water, rinsed with new salt water and packed with more, new salt water. Phytoplankton is the last thing to be added before the lid goes on so they don't starve before going into your aquarium.

Good question. Hope that answers your question.
Old 01-10-2021, 02:21 AM

Rpetersen is on a distinguished road

Awesome - sending you a PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:09 PM

Harlor is on a distinguished road

Still have stock of both rotifers & phytoplankton?
Old 01-11-2021, 07:02 PM

Yes, I have enough rotifer cultures on the go that I have fresh stock daily, when I get close to maximizing that from demand, I'll increase. Currently able to do about 8 x 8oz bottles per day at this time.

Phytoplankton I am beginning to ramp up as demand increases and have a few bottles to sell. If you can PM me with your phone number, I'll give you my address from my number and I can get the details of exactly what you're looking for and the quantities.

Cheers!