Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 08-18-2017, 05:00 PM

fadecase is on a distinguished road
Default LF SAND asap

sorry if i made a similar post like this earlier , i decided to go with 110g instead of a 27 bio cube , so i been working on the stand sump and piping these past few weeks . I am ready for fill and sand but really hate spending store prices on sand when people are usually selling it for peanuts so let me know what you have im not picky white sand please thanks !!
Old 08-18-2017, 05:29 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

IMO buying used sand and rinsing it because of all the dead matter is not worth the time, been there done that. You're just starting yourself off for failure.
Not sure if you realize that once the dead sand sits it is very toxic. I just dumped a whole bucket out and it was putrid. Even if it was free you have to rinse but by bit.
Huge chore and waste of time to save pennies...new sand needs to be rinsed aswell but not that bad as used sand.

Good luck to you bro but if the used sand leeches all kinds of death you will be spending lots on salt for waterchanges and messing up your tank from the get go!

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 08-18-2017, 06:28 PM

fadecase is on a distinguished road

thanks man , yea i thought cleaning it was worth the time cause i rinsed the new bags too , but ill take your advice and buy new thanks again