![]() |
|
||||||||
| Portal | PhotoPost Gallery | Register | Blogs | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
huh?? That's not going to do anything. Dip them, it does no harm and does lots of good if we're right.
__________________
Brad |
|
#2
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
Quote:
yes i've also read that in the wild clams can be exposed to rain at low tide for hours and they survive. im just waiting for the temp of the freshwater to match, and ill try it out with one of them |
|
#3
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
I've dipped plenty of clams and they all did fine. Leaving a parasite on them will certainly cause more stress. At this point, your clams look like they're going to die. You've got lots of ideas from everyone here, so pick one and do it.
__________________
Brad |
|
#4
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
Another thing you can try:
Cut the top off a 2l clear soda bottle and drill a bunch of small holes in it so water can flow but fish cant get to the clam. Place it over the clam and see what happens. It may help you determine if indeed it's a nipping problem that you have.
__________________
It all started with ............. "Finding Nemo"
|
|
#5
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
I dont know much about clams bessides the i really want one, however 20% water changes daily would be difficult to manage for a system that size...
Any chance you can divulge the secret with the clams? I want to get one and currently have a cleaner wrasse in a 34g cube, so now I'm afraid the wrasse will nip at a clam if I were to purchase one and they are pricey 60$... |
|
#7
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
Quote:
OH SWEET JESUS HELP US. No disrespect.. I think. |
|
#8
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
Just get rid of the cleaner wrasse. They were only telling me to do water changes cuz I haven't done one in a long time
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|