Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2012, 03:55 PM

NemoanDory is on a distinguished road
Default MOVING HELP PLEASE

Ok so I am really in a hard spot I need to know your guys opinion.

This has been a very tough decision for me, so need advice from ppl just looking more for IMO type answers. Not looking for a solution.

IF this was your tank and was your biggest dream and most successful tank you had ever had and everything was flourishing in it for over 2years, what would you do in this situation.

I have to move I have a 240 gal NEW tank My original plan was going to be to transfer everything from the 110 that all my stuff is in now. I was just going to do this in the house I am in now but landlord decided to sell
So I have ended up deciding to move from my place into my boyfriends house which has no room for even a 33 gal tank and he just bought it. SO he leaves in the far far se and his parents have said we can put the tank at their place which is about a 20 to 30 min drive from his house. We will not be getting a new house for a few years obviously as this is a brand new home he just had built and moved into. So my tank would reside at his parents house which means I will have to make trips there every other day or every two days to make sure all is right with the tank and maintence is done.

Would you sell everything in the tank now and keep all the equipment that is running it such as sump, skimmer, pumps heaters and light and redo everything in a few years when you have a bigger house.

OR

Would you set up the new tank at the parents house and go out of your way a few times a week to maintain it?

What would you guys do?

Thank you.