Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Controller and Monitoring Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2010, 08:04 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
If I had a new large tank one day again, {not going to happen}, I may go Profilux for a few reasons, including some of our sponsors.
are you getting kickbacks for pushing sponcers?

seriously though sponcership is a advertising tool for them not a way to buy loyalty, so ya its handy to see the sponcers names on the board and if they sell the same product at a reasonable price that a non spooncer does I would chose the sponcer, but I wouldn't buy a different product than I want/need because I can only get it through a non-sponcer.

now the proflux is a sexy looking unit, but in my opinion it has been priced out of the common person's range. I was looking at one for my tank and to get the basic unit with a couple probes, level indicators and a 3 pump slave dosing unit it was over 1K. and for that 1K I didn't get any conectivity whatsoever. so no internet, no warnings by e-mail or cell, no webserver ect.. with out the dosing pump it was still 800 bucks.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.