Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2010, 04:08 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough
Default Fishoholic's 20g cubealicious tank (sps explosion)

I've never done a tank journal before so I thought it was about time. I had plans to do ones with my other tanks but I got them set up so fast that by the time I thought about it, it seemed kinda late and pointless.

Anyway I'm not like some people (cough Tony cough cough ) who have a tank and sit around thinking and planing it all out etc. (which can be a good thing) but no, I'm the kind of person who once I have a tank I set it up asap.

In the beginning... (ya, I'm lame but you all should be used to me by now ) on March 14th I went to my uncle's house and saw he had some old small fish tanks sitting around by his pool table. One of them was a cool looking little cube tank (20Lx16wx14h) since I have a thing for cube tanks I asked him about it. He said he'd love to get the tanks out of his house and would give them to me to give them away. So I got thinking (a dangerous thing, I know) about what I could do with a cool little cube tank and on Wednesday (March 17) I came by his house and picked up his old tanks. BTW if anyone is curious the other 2 tanks are a standard 10g and a 15g(ish) long tank.

On Thursday I phoned my friend and asked him about the frog fish he had and we worked out a deal for it and I said I'd come by friday to pick it up. So thursday after work I cleaned the 20g cube tank and filled it to test for leaks. There were no leaks so I emptied it and then picked up a stand from my boyfriend's Dad house. I got it all the way home, went to put the tank on it only to find out that I should of measured the stand 1st and not listened to him when he said it was wide enough, because guess what the cube didn't fit on it! Luckily we had a night stand that we weren't really using that the cube fit perfectly. So I filled the 20g cube and got the salinity and temp. in check. Plugged in the Koralia one only to hear a horrible noise coming from it. Messaged another friend about his koralia nano for sale and hooked up my old 900 maxi jet for flow.

You can see part of the stand (that was too small) off to the side in the background.

Last edited by fishoholic; 10-24-2011 at 04:39 AM.