Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2009, 07:52 AM

Eb0la11 is on a distinguished road
Default Just joined Canreef

Hello everyone, so I discovered this forum from another member but I don't know his username. He was selling a piece of equipment used online locally and me and my room mate bought it from him and he suggested the boards.

We are starting our first salt water tank. I've been getting a lot of information from reefcentral.com sorry to say. I'll probably jump back and forth between forums for my needs but wanted to touch base here.

We are setting up a 150 gallon reef from scratch mostly by purchasing used gear. We'll have a 30 gallon sump underneath and will be setting up a reef tank.

We are from Calgary and have most of our equipment purchased. We just need a couple (I think 2 powerful ones would be enough) powerheads, a return pump for the sump (probably around 1000-1200 GPH at 3 feet, not really sure yet and then lastly we need to solve out lighting situation.

Anyways, if any of you have any of this equipment or know where we can get a good deal, since our budget is quickly dwindling after the tank, skimmer and RODI unit purchases, PLEASE point us in the right direction. We may even be willing to trade a 50 gallon tank with stand and light canopy (used for fresh water) for some of this stuff. Feel free to contact us in this thread.

Lastly, we're in desperate need for some good quality live rock and live sand. We are looking at buying from Golds Aquarium for 7.99 per pound live rock but we really cant afford much at that price. Once again, willing to trade and would love to get let in on any kind of secret place to get good stuff for cheaper.

Thanks a lot, Im sure you'll see us around. I'll follow this thread for sure.