Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2009, 08:17 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

It's kinda odd that I'm as addicted to this hobby as I am.

As a young child my Uncle had a FW fish tank. I thought the guppies were pretty but sort of boring, and I always thought what good is a pet you can't pet. As a young teenager one of my best friends had a FW fish tank in her bedroom and I always thought it was the loudest most annoying thing ever

Fast forward to when my boyfriend moved in with me and he wanted to bring along his 10g FW tank. I told him no way fish tanks are annoying and noisy. After a few months though I felt bad for saying no to him and we bought a 20g FW kit to set up. After it was set up for awhile I started to realize that the fish were sort of fun to keep. So we set up and kept a few small FW tanks while we lived in my condo.

After awhile we sold the condo and bought a house. We kept the 20g FW tank for awhile but after a few trips to Big Als and admiring the SW section we thought about setting up a SW tank. We held off for a bit thinking it would be to hard and expensive (if only we knew then how expensive it would really be) but we ended up getting a good deal on boxing day on a 60g tank and we started our journey into SW.

Well shortly after getting into SW a friend of mine told me about canreef. We lurked around on the site for awhile at first then Steve started up his account and I would just use his account if I wanted to post anything. Then I thought I'd better create my own account. After reading a lot on here and getting very addicted I thought to myself that the 60g wasn't enough so we set up a 15g. The 15g wasn't great so we turned it into a nano cube. Well the nano cube wasn't big enough so it turned into a 30g cube. Meanwhile a lavender tang followed us home from the LFS and well a 60g isn't big enough for a tang, so that tank turned into a 120g with a sump. But guess what one tank is easier to take care of then 2 different tanks and really a 120g isn't big enough for all the fish I wanted so..... the 30g cube and the 120g turned into a 230g reef.

Well the 230g reef is nice but what's better then a 230g, two 230g So here I am 4 years later after first starting into the SW hobby, with many canreef friends, a heck of a lot of posts and two 230g tanks.

Last edited by fishoholic; 03-08-2009 at 08:32 PM.