Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 10-02-2008, 01:39 AM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road
Exclamation The Future Of Profilux Please Read

Well as the rumours are starting to get out there both Matthias and I thought it was time to give them the foundation they deserve.

We are pleased to announce that the ProfiLux III is now in development! AND VERY IMPORTANT: The ProfiLux Plus II (eX) can be upgraded to ProfiLux III !!!

So first what will this have?

At present not all features are in known as this is still in the early stages, and will be developed as the project moves forward.

What is known is the following:

ProfiLux III will look like the ProfiLux Plus II, for a reason but with differences:
a) Graphic display, USB & LAN on board, connector for new Bus-system (ProfiLux Aquatic Bus – PAB)
b) No more limits for probe count or socket count
c) Additional cards (if you have more than 3) will be plugged in an extra “expansion” box – looks like the ProfiLux Plus II housing but has no display or keys, can hold up to 8 cards, these extension boxes will be connected via the PAB, several of these boxes can be daisy-chained
d) Upgrade option for ProfiLux Plus II (eX) which follows on from our commitment to you as a controller that is future proof, the kit includes: Kit with replacement for the front PCB + special card with PAB and USB & LAN -> this turns the ProfiLux Plus II (eX) into a ProfiLux III.

Ok so now some questions.

FAQ:

Q: is this just an upgrade for existing users or a whole new controller?
A: BOTH!!, This is the first time that a manufacturer has not only thought of new users but importantly made existing users have access to this huge advancement without having to buy a whole new system. One thing that is highly important to GHL is it's current user base and as such this barnd new controller will be made available in upgrade form for all ProfiLux current users as well as being available as a complete new controller.

Q: I was just about to buy a ProfiLux II might as well wait
A: As we have always said the PII is future proof, you will be able to simply upgrade your unit to a PIII, we will also offer a promotion to PII (eX) owners at time of launch, so you would be missing out by holding off, in a very big way.

Q: I have a ProfiLux Plus II, just bought it now I hear of this. What can you do for me?
A: Please see above. You have just bought yourself a discount to the next generation without even knowing it.

Q: So there will be 3 main models, Profilux Plus II, ProfiLux Plus II eX, and the new ProfiLux III.
A: Yes, all priced accordingly, and they all can be turned into a ProfiLux III

Q: So when will this launch?
A: We are not going to fall in this trap, no launch date will be provided but it will be no less than 6 months.

Q: Will there be a web server intergration?
A: Yes this is being worked on even now.

Q: What about bugs, new controllers can come with bugs.
A: If you know ProfiLux you will know how strict our policy is on this, nothing gets released to the open market before full beta testing in genuine enviroments.

Q: Will you be looking for beta testers?
A: Possibly, but please don't start applying at this early stage.

Q: Will software stay free?
A: YES ALWAYS!

Q: Can I really have as many probes and power bars as I like, so control with no limits?
A: Simple answer is YES.

Q: Can I control multiple tanks in this case?
A: Yes you can.

I am sure you will have more questions and we will do our best to answer them for you, but one question will sadly not be answered if asked and that is release date, sorry!

This is a major leap forward in the controller market and will keep ProfiLux controllers where they are right now and that is market leaders building controllers Where Quality Has No Compomise.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 10-02-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:04 AM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

Very cool News. Looking forward to more news

J
Old 10-02-2008, 02:07 AM

We will keep you fully posted of all developments.

If you have any questions whether thinking of getting a ProfiLux or an existing user we will do our best to answer your questions.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:42 AM

Tom R is on a distinguished road

This is great news.

ProfiLux is truly a World Class piece of equipment.

For those of us that do not upgrade our systems to PIII will our software still be maintained and updated.

Tom R
Old 10-03-2008, 03:58 AM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

will there be any changes to ease the wireless connection hook up?

my tank setup
Old 10-03-2008, 04:04 AM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by niloc16 View Post
will there be any changes to ease the wireless connection hook up?

The latest, actually one update back. Resolved all wireless issues

J
Old 10-03-2008, 06:44 AM

Todd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Todd

I have been extremely impressed with the customer service that I have received from both Aquadigital and profilux retailers. I am certain that the focus on superior products and customer service will continue with the launch of yet another exciting profilux product.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:58 AM

bullit67 is on a distinguished road

Awsome news I am in the process of upgrading my whole system right now and this will make a nice addition too it looking foward to the profilux III
Old 10-03-2008, 11:53 AM

One thing GHL have been very cautious of when launching a new controller and that is making sure existing users benefit as much as new users buying the ProfiLux III as a whole.

To this extent anyone that purchases a ProfiLux Plus II EX now or already owns a profiLux plus II EX will get a sizeable rebate on the kit that also will be launched to turn the PII EX into a PIII.

If you are still only at PII level and not PII EX I would now start considering getting the upgrade to be ready for this next year
Old 10-03-2008, 04:16 PM

Patrick1 is on a distinguished road

Also nice new website