Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-05-2006, 08:11 PM

BCWolfen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BCWolfen
Default 140G Upgrade

So, I'm picking up Zerandise's 140G in the next week or so to U/G from my 90. I want to go more towards FOWLR but plan to keep my crabs and snails and avoid fish that eat them. I will also have some softies but do not plan on having any SPS. I currently have a 2" sandbed and really like the look of it. I also have 2 tigertail Cukes, 1 green and 1 brown bristle star. Everything I've been reading seems to be turning towards BB tanks. While I do not mind the look of BB I know for sure I would have to find homes for the Cukes. Would I have to find homes for the B'Stars as well?

I plan on cooking my rock and would be cleaning all the sand before transfering it to the new tank. Is BB really that much better or can I keep my sand?
Home:160Gal. Foxface, Yellow Tang, Blue Tang, Coral Beauty, Lawnmower Blenny, Starwberry Dottyback, Mandarin Goby, 2 Percula Clowns, Green Brittle Star, Brown Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Cleaner Shrimp
Store: 33Gal. Green Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Peppermint Shrimp

Last edited by BCWolfen; 09-05-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:28 PM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default reply

Are we talking brittle stars or Bristle stars? I've never seen the little brittle stars on the sand, so I'm assuming you meant bristle stars. I'm not an expert but I think they should be fine without a sandbed.
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041
Old 09-05-2006, 08:36 PM

BCWolfen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BCWolfen

My bad, fingers not keeping up with the brain. Yes I meant Bristle not Brittle. My brown likes to hang around in his cave and the green is always trucking around so I think they would be ok....
Home:160Gal. Foxface, Yellow Tang, Blue Tang, Coral Beauty, Lawnmower Blenny, Starwberry Dottyback, Mandarin Goby, 2 Percula Clowns, Green Brittle Star, Brown Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Cleaner Shrimp
Store: 33Gal. Green Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Peppermint Shrimp