Simple w/ RO 22 35.48%
Deluxe w/ treated water 0 0%
Deluxe w/ RO 21 33.87%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2012, 07:59 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road
Default Deeeeluxe or simple system?

OK... I hear all too often from people that "I should run this or I should run that" and "you are going to have problems if you dont"... so on and so on.

So I am wondering, who has a "deluxe" system or who likes to keep it simple?

Deluxe meaning.... Zeo, RO, calcium reactors and so on.

Simple meaning... In my case... treated tap water, carbon, dosing on a schedule... so on and so forth. No fancy gadgets or expensive doodads.

The poll includes RO or treated water for BOTH options, as I know some people use RO but no other fancy stuff.

I love my tank. It has no nuisance algaes or other nutrient issues. Fantastic coral growth. Healthy (as I can see) fish.

I have be doing the same things for the past 6 years or so and all these troubles people keep telling me I am going to have, well, I don't and never have. AND I only water change every 4-8 weeks.

I have always been a booster of keeping things simple, as...

1) Maintenance is easy
2) less technical issue.. meaning NO technical issues.
3) less money on techy stuff means more money for the stuff that goes in the tank.

For people who can, please post a FTS. I would actually like to see what, if any, differences can be seen. A statement that "my tank is on zeo so its better", is not good enough.. and visa versa. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Really just curious. I have no intention of changing something that works very well for me, but I would like to SEE the difference between others simple systems vs deluxe.

Everybody has a different tank, and what is working for me, may obviously not work for others.

Sorry for the ramble, If I may have missed something, or have something wrong (not with my tank) with my definition of deluxe, please correct me.

ALSO... please comment on whether or not you have any issues with your system and what they are.

Thanks very much!

Note... please do not post negative feedback on other's tanks. Everyone, again, has a system that may work for them, and we are not to say what that is. Critique your system and let us know about your own!

Thanks.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.

Last edited by paddyob; 02-07-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Christy is funny - in her honour