Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-19-2003, 10:42 PM

pocilipora is on a distinguished road
Default Telus ADSL

Anyone else had trouble with Telus? After 2 weeks of un recieved emails and intermitent service, 1/2+ hour waits just to talk to technical support only to be put on hold again I switched to Shaw. I just switched to Shaw and wow what a difference, much faster. Just hope it turns out to be reliable.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:34 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Funny, I had that problem with Shaw so I switched to Telus

Shaw is faster tho but with all the rate hikes I told them to take a hike too...

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:43 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

what rate hikes?

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 07-20-2003, 01:15 AM
Staff

Well when we signed up it was 36.95/mo. Then 3 months later they decided we should pay 39.95.mo. When they jacked it up to 43.95/mo awhile later, Telus was offering a deal at 34.95/mo that was lookin pretty sweet so we went for it.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 07-20-2003, 05:45 AM

Mak is on a distinguished road

So Telus is worse than Shaw around here?. When I was using Shaw before it went down once for like 3 hours. So I guess once outta 3 years is not bad at all.

Telus is offering 10 months for like $20-$22. So we decided to go for it ... hmmm maybe we shoud cancel .
Old 07-20-2003, 09:58 AM

Van down by the river is on a distinguished road

I'm on Telus and have been for 2 years, I had an initial problem for 2-3 days when I first signed up, since then it's been great. My connection is very fast, I can download a friends episode (250 MB) in 20 min on Kazaa. My gf is on shaw, and she had problems when she first signed up but now her's is fine too. With Telus it depends on how close you are to a hub. Both places I've had it at seem to be quite fast.

The trick with tec support is call later. If you call later in the evening or morning their is usually no wait.

Telus is cheaper too, I think the new ADSL (1.5Mbps) offer is 24.95/mth. They also sent me a package of $44.95/mth for the Enhanced ADSL (2.5Mbps) plus 5email accounts, 20MB webspace, Antivirus, Ad Block, and Personal Firewall.

Wow I feel like I'm placing a Telus ad, not intended just offering info.

Best of all if you do go on Telus or get your friends to go on Telus, say you were referred. They will give you a month free for each referral.

I honestly am very happy with the service I'm not just saying that to try to get referrals. Plus if you do have a problem complain! They are often reasonable and may adjust your bill if there was any problems.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Old 07-20-2003, 04:32 PM

ok so for 35.00/month I get 7 e-mail addresses, 70 meg of web space, two IP addresses, and no limit on my uploads/downloads.

how is tellus cheeper? the main problem I have is I am in a area that telus is slow.. my niebour gets about 1/3rd the speed I do so I would be paying more for less if I switched to tellus.. but I can admidt I have thought about it a couple times. I used to have some problems with my shaw but they are all fixed now.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 07-20-2003, 05:22 PM

DJ88 is on a distinguished road

Shaw has the same referral program as well.

fwiw

Always strive for the optimum environment, not the minimum environment
-----------------------------------
Old 07-20-2003, 05:26 PM
Staff

Steve, are you getting some sort of special deal?? A package maybe?

My 180 Build

Old 07-20-2003, 06:57 PM

regular price is 39.99 and if you buy your modem it is 34.99 but I am getting a few extras because I have shaw digital also but if you take the price of shaw digital out I am paying 34.99 for my internet

Steve