Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 04-16-2004, 05:31 PM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default Just overhauled

54 gallon bow front, drilled into side for overflow to a 15 gallon sump. Sump houses my modified seaclone, fluidized bed filter and some live rock, eventaully live sand. I have a new series Rio20h that pushes over 900gph at a 4.5 foot head(recomend). 60lbs live rock 50 lbs live sand(mulitple grades) Lighting: dual flor. with actinic and full spectrum. additional actinc for dusk lighting, dual incand. with 6500K compact flor.
Due to shape of tank lighting has always been an issue, I want to convert to compact flor.

I have recently trading two old anemones (condi and LTA) and got rid of my Clarki and Tomato clowns. I bought a beatiful LTA off of Alan with his oceleris clown pair. The thrive in my tanks now. I also bought a shroom rock complete with baby BTA and was given a nice tri-zoanthid rock. The biggest score thoough was the bio diversity that I aquired from Alan's tank. I now have enough critters in my sand bed that I went out and bought a Manderine.

As for corals, I have GSP, Snakeskin, Digitata, variuos zoanthids, a torch, an Elkhorn coral (from Johnathan) as well as some candy cane coral frags and toadstoole leather. I aslo have tones of shrooms of various colors and sizes.

Eventually I will have a large high tech system with all the bells and wistles. I consider my system to be mid tech and ever expanding, it is my second tank and I believe it is very succesful compared to my first. Eventually I will get some Pics online for you veiwing pleasure.
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041