View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 01:11 AM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity View Post
From what I understand with the units that have dimmer knobs is you have one intensity all day and night don't you? And then they go off. I enjoy tinkering with the programming feature on the Evergrow from time to time, it's digital so you know exactly what percent you're at for each channel. at 1130 pm the lights are programmed so just the blues and UVs are on so everything fluorescent glows and my house isn't flooded with intense tank lighting anymore. At midnight the moonlights come on and it's just subtle. Same thing in the morning, slow ramp up

The sun changes intenesity on corals throughout the day, so why not have lights that do the same.... If price is a factor then that looks like a pretty big difference! So guess just depends on how much you'd like to spend.
Hmm I guess I'll just fork over the few extra bills n get the programmable then if it does promote better coral color n growth. Was thinking y pay more if not needed. Might as well now since I already spent so much on my new in wall system. For the ever grow only the IT series can be programmed right? Do I need anything else to program them like apex or is there wifi app n such?