PDA

View Full Version : transport from Vancouver to Calgary??

tmbar19
03-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Anyone know the best way to get corals from Vancouver to Calgary/Red Deer and keep them healthy???? Greyhound will ship live, but takes two days. Is there a way to pack corals to keep them healthy for that long of a trip? Apparently if flying, I can't take any fluids as carry-on. Some new rule. So how would I fly them back with me? Greyhound is the cheapest and easiest if the corals can be packed for a two-day trip. Anyone travelling to Alberta from Van. in the next few weeks???

Would it be possible to ship it with another order from Vancouver, ie Ocean Aquatics??? Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Kryten
03-22-2007, 06:20 PM
You could try this, maybe they'd let you take it on the plane then: http://216.187.96.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31114

tmbar19
03-23-2007, 04:34 AM
Thanks for that link - that will definitely be helpful, as the airlines no longer allow any liquid in carry-ons. Good info for anyone. I appreciate your time. Marianne

Ticketyboo
03-23-2007, 04:40 AM
I will fly it for you :biggrin: I'm a pilot and have a plane, but would rent one from Vancouver to Calgary, it will probably cost about $1000 for the plane rental, gas and oil..... get some more people to order and i will pick up the items at the store, fly a large order over drop it off!!!!! hey what a great idea!!!! door to door service in less than 8 hours!!