Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 04-12-2004, 05:22 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus
Default Saturday, April 24: need some help, and lots of buckets

My tank move day approaches .... Saturday April 24.

My plan is to rent a van for the weekend.

I hope to keep as much of my water as possible, so, if you have any spare 5g or 8g buckets that I could borrow for a day or two, I would like to hear from you. (Write your name on them in permanent marker or something like that, so that I have an easy way to remember what to return and to whom, and all that good stuff.)

I am going to build some cradles for carrying the tanks so that they can be carried upright without the bulkheads on the bottom pane needing to be removed (they are in there permanently, to remove them means to replace them). I also hope to keep the sandbeds as intact as possible, but we'll see how that goes.

I figure 4 people should be able to carry the tanks. I include myself in that headcount ... so .. uh .. are there three people who would be able to help me on this day?

I will compensate with beer or other choice beverages, pizza, frags, etc. .. ? Negotiable.

A couple of folks have already kindly volunteered some equipment, like Jim's 55g drum, and Doug's diatom filter, and .... just wanna say again, thank you, and yes I would still very much like to be able to borrow those things please.

Basically if you have anything like a rubbermaid, or spare buckets that can house pieces of reef, some fish and other critters, corals, and saltwater ... and don't mind volunteering them out for a weekend, I beg of you to let me borrow them that weekend. PleaseAndThankYou!!

Thanks in advance, everyone!!
Old 04-12-2004, 05:40 AM

Canadian Man is on a distinguished road

Hey Tony,
I can help only on Sunday if you need some then.

I do have Plenty O Bucket's you can use. I believe I have 6ish.
I also have 3 spare 10g tanks and a 33g tank you could use.
As well as LOTS of room in my sump and frag tank if you need it.
-----------------------------------
www.cakerybakery.ca
Old 04-12-2004, 05:52 AM

Buccaneer is on a distinguished road

Hey Tony ... I have some buckets ... couple of rubbermaid trash cans that I use for water changes ( 27G I think ) a 33G tank and a 10G tank plus my frag tank and sump for holding rock/fish/ etc

I have to work Saturday and Sunday but could lend a hand in the morning on both days ... let me know

Cheers

“The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.”
― Voltaire
Old 04-12-2004, 05:54 AM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

I can help all day. Only have a few buckets though.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 04-12-2004, 07:15 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Barry is in with rubbermaids and pails. Battery air pumps if you want for the fish.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:36 PM

Dez is on a distinguished road

Can most likely come from Edmonton Tony with my truck if that would help.

I have lots of buckets and stuff..

des
Old 04-12-2004, 02:23 PM

TANGOMAN is on a distinguished road

Tony, something that may be worth looking in to is the rental of suction/vacuum handles for glass. Especially if the tanks must be lifted straight up from the stand to clear the bulkheads. Getting two pairs of those could make for an easier lift for four guys. I'm sure you've got lot's 'o spare time right now to look into these items... . Let me know if you'd like me to "shop it out" for you.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:18 PM

mnoll406 is on a distinguished road

Hey Tony,
I'm in. I only have one bucket though. I would recommend going with the 5 gal. RO water containers at the store though. Benefits of this are: containers are watertight, no leaking even if they get knocked over. They have big handles, easier to carry. You get your deposit back when you return them. They come filled with RO water which you will probably need also.

You should be able to keep your sand bed in tact no problem. I would recommend using a piece of 3/4" plywood to support the bottom of the tank. You may lose the bottom other wise. Makes it easier to carry also.

Mike
Old 04-12-2004, 03:42 PM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

I will certainly try and make it from the far North. If I do I will bring some buckets.

---------Homer Simpson--------
Old 04-12-2004, 06:50 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Saturday, April 24: need some help, and lots of buckets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus
I also hope to keep the sandbeds as intact as possible, but we'll see how that goes.
the other option is to take the sand bed out and go bare bottom.. perfect opertunity..

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.