Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-26-2014, 03:58 PM

Coral Hoarder is on a distinguished road
Wink ZOA species specific lighting preferences

Just thought is start this thread as a little refrance guide
I have had a few things morph and change coler because of to much light and wasn't to happy about it so mabie this can help others to not mess up like I did

Ok to start it off space mpnster seem to love high lights they got brighter and get more speckles

Rastas like high light but they seem to losses there red in higher lighting

Cats eye like low light I had mine morph into this sunny d thing that I really don't like lol
Old 01-26-2014, 04:26 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Great idea. I have a small clump of zoas that I can't seem to get to grow properly.

Probably a good idea to mention the type/spectrum of light (LED, fluorescent, Halide... others) as well. There can be quite a difference to the definition of 'high' or 'low' light when you factor in the type. Anything in the blue spectrum doesn't appear that bright to us, but could be considered 'high' to some species of coral.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:52 PM

Coral Hoarder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
Great idea. I have a small clump of zoas that I can't seem to get to grow properly.

Probably a good idea to mention the type/spectrum of light (LED, fluorescent, Halide... others) as well. There can be quite a difference to the definition of 'high' or 'low' light when you factor in the type. Anything in the blue spectrum doesn't appear that bright to us, but could be considered 'high' to some species of coral.
thanks ! i am curently using 10 watt emiters for led pendants 3 blue 2 white x2 over a 72 galon tank i belive whites are at 70 blues at 80 if that helps ?

post a pic of yours ? mabie we can get an id
try moving them up or making a frag and moving them up see if they do better with more light