Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Frag Factory

Old 06-24-2007, 04:51 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone get an answer?

I have emailed Frag Factory several times and either the mail gets sent back, or I never get a reply...I noticed that the list of corals available is updated on their site (finally) has anyone had a reply or gotten anything from them? or? There are several things I like......

Old 06-24-2007, 05:19 AM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Oh no, they have some beautiful stuff. must....resist.....temptation.....aaaggghh group buy... lol
Old 06-24-2007, 08:42 AM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Ive been exchanging emails with Carl for the last month trying to get something replaced. Communication is spotty at best. The aggravation is not worth it to me. I give up. If you want the whole story PM me. I can also PM you the board he hangs out on.

Last edited by Borderjumper; 06-24-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:46 PM

Jaws is on a distinguished road

I'm in a very similar situation. I've had hundreds of dollars of dead on arrivals or close to and I've seen one email in the last 4 months. I'm trying to be polite and work with Carl since it was Mike that I dealt with originally and now he's moved on, but when you've spent as much money as I have there compared to what I've received, I completely understand your frustrations Shelley.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:26 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Yup Jason I spent alot of money with them too. I thought maybe Carl would straighted this out.. but its SSDD. I really am done with them.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:45 PM

blennie is on a distinguished road

hey guys, carl has been posting on aquariumpros.com
Old 06-25-2007, 11:51 PM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

just helping out

http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27726
Old 06-26-2007, 12:50 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

perfect! I don't think I'll be placing an order, or doing a group order, even though they have nice stuff...I think the fact that they are hard to get to may not be a good thing....it's too bad because they have some awesome looking stuff! thanks for everyones input!

Old 06-26-2007, 02:30 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

There are a lot of options for places to buy nice frags.
(shameless plug for everyone on Frags.org)

Greg
Old 07-02-2007, 03:20 PM

carl69 is on a distinguished road

Hey..Carl here from Fragfactory. I am surprised to see your comments as I have replied to your emails several times with responses and with information and also with the request to pay for items and no reply back so I am not sure how communication is "spotty". Can you please clarify? I am truly surprised by these comments. I read emails on a daily basis and try and respond within 24 hours. So, this is to BorderJumper, show me which emails you are talking about,(post them publicly as of June 01 2007 and after as this is when i took over the communication part of the business as well) because i cannot see how I have been "spotty" in my communication with you.

I also wanted to let everyone know that there was a transition period of change in our company where one of the owners , Mike , has moved on and is no longer with FragFactory. So, in this transition phase, many things were being sorted out while trying to be business as usual .

I can assure everyone interested that all things are now in order and definitely business as usual...

This is a hobby that carries with it alot of liability when it comes to the health of the corals in the shipping process. I try and do my best to replace what has been lost and most of the time without any proof eg. pics etc...

I am a true hobbyist and understand the time, energy and emotion involved. The business part of it comes secondary. I have had pieces in my tank that i have had for over 12 years that are hard to find and rare. I am not new to this hobby. In all, I have been a hobbyist for over 16 years. I understand how devastating it is to lose some great pieces.
However, I deal with it. It's part of our hobby. That is why I even ship out some complimentary pieces as a "just in case" gesture.

Unfortunately, it is very hard to please all the people all of the time. So, people, let's enjoy the hobby as it should be enjoyed. It truly is a wonderful one!

Carl -FragFactory

Last edited by carl69; 07-02-2007 at 03:43 PM.