Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-19-2008, 12:27 PM

purplepolypeater is on a distinguished road

i use really thick concentration of salt and a little water just squirt it on with my test syringe sometimes takes two applications but kills them and majano
Old 08-20-2008, 04:59 AM

cwickham is on a distinguished road

Joes juice works great for me.. kills them almost instantly and they dont come back.. and the lil container you get for 8 dollars last forever because you only need such a tiny bit.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:11 AM

Funkytone is on a distinguished road
Default Group Order - Vancouer

Hey Hangfire, I'm going to do an order from www.coralscaping.com so I wrote a new post in the livestock section. Let me know if you would like some.

-Tony
Old 08-31-2008, 05:16 AM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

well instead of starting a new thread i thought i would just bump this one.

so my tank is starting to fill up with the little buggers now to. been using this tailored aquatic's aip remover and i had to remove a huge rock. now one has hit my gorgous yuma and i need to know how good are pep shrimp and is 1 ok for a 20H
Old 08-31-2008, 03:42 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

Honestly... I have never had trouble removing aptasia. I see threads pop up all the time, and it reminds me of Albert's post a while back.

You have to turn off all your pumps, no waterflow, period. What I used was a small amount of kalk paste. Smother the little buggers completely. Get inside their little hole.. fill it up with kalk (or whatever your using) Let it sit for a good few minutes, let it seep into the hole. Just be patient, letting it all sit for a good 5 minutes at least. I have also had minor success with a Peppermint shrimp. They do only eat the smaller ones, but I did see one having a feast on a rather larger aptasia.. fun to watch.

Anyways, kalk paste has always worked for me... obviously there are some that are a little more stubborn than others, but just be dilligent and they will die off. Again, this is my experience. No aptasia in the new tank yet !*fingers crossed*

Last edited by OCDP; 08-31-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:17 PM

bignose is on a distinguished road
Default injection

have you tried lemon juice to kill the aiptasia? I bought a needle from a vet supply store and injected them with lemon juice. Just get close and jab it good and inject, you'll see a little puff from the juice. I had a couple in my tank and it got rid of them the first try.