Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-17-2012, 01:09 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I'll tell you what's weird, I just bought some new NLS flakes, Optimum or something-or-other for Saltwater, to replace my about-to-be-empty one, and it's the same lot # (101) but whereas my old one said "Expires June 2015" the new one says "Expires June 2014." But the same lot#. Me no compendy that. Not a biggie, mind you since I know it will be empty way before that but still worthy of a raised eyebrow for a few seconds.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:04 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
I'll tell you what's weird, I just bought some new NLS flakes, Optimum or something-or-other for Saltwater, to replace my about-to-be-empty one, and it's the same lot # (101) but whereas my old one said "Expires June 2015" the new one says "Expires June 2014." But the same lot#. Me no compendy that. Not a biggie, mind you since I know it will be empty way before that but still worthy of a raised eyebrow for a few seconds.
Maybe the stamp machine expired or something?

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 12-17-2012, 02:21 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhasan View Post
Maybe the stamp machine expired or something?
Wouldn't that be ironic, the expiration date stamp on all our products has nothing to do with the actual product you purchased, but is infact the expiry date of the stamp machine.

I think I'll duck out of work on time today and head over to Concept to do some shopping. I need me some sand, and lightbulbs!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:29 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

When you get around to making a batch of SW with that coralife salt, I'd like to hear what your dKH readings are. See my PM for more details.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 12-19-2012, 02:59 PM

I can check a skimmer off my list! Picking up a RLSS R10-U skimmer for my tank soon. I can't wait to play around with this. I'm going to run two skimmers on this system eventually, but it only needs one for the initial start up and breakin period.

Now I'm just waiting for sales, there isn't much left to buy, sand, 150lbs rock, and light bulbs now.

I'm now starting to wonder if I should have a salt party like I originally planned, or if this is just going to end up being one of those, hey its 2am, lets fill the tank kind of days.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:47 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
I can check a skimmer off my list! Picking up a RLSS R10-U skimmer for my tank soon. I can't wait to play around with this. I'm going to run two skimmers on this system eventually, but it only needs one for the initial start up and breakin period.

Now I'm just waiting for sales, there isn't much left to buy, sand, 150lbs rock, and light bulbs now.

I'm now starting to wonder if I should have a salt party like I originally planned, or if this is just going to end up being one of those, hey its 2am, lets fill the tank kind of days.
Bath salts party?
Old 12-19-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Bath salts party?
Maybe, maybe not, I feel somewhat attached to my face.