Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-25-2008, 07:28 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

Doesn't mater to me what day is tax free day... it's not like my wife ever lets me see any of the money anyway! lol
Old 04-26-2008, 01:32 AM

G1GY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
Certainly not, but someone who is obviously making a substantial income should not be complaining about paying their taxes. I'm certain they still have lots of after tax dollars left over to spend, probably lots left after paying all the bills too. Why should I have sympathy for them?

I don't think He's looking for your sympathy.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET A BONG!?!

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
Old 04-26-2008, 02:52 AM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
Certainly not, but someone who is obviously making a substantial income should not be complaining about paying their taxes. I'm certain they still have lots of after tax dollars left over to spend, probably lots left after paying all the bills too. Why should I have sympathy for them?
It all depends on how they got them dolars. maybe they put in twice the hrs that you do? Harder work?

Taxes are a nessicarry evil, yes. But we, the average Joe worker, are taxed to death. Yet corporations, the ones who can afford to pay, get huge tax cuts. makes no sence to me

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 04-26-2008, 07:16 AM

CLINT is on a distinguished road

I dont need sympathy I just want to pay the same tax as someone who work for 8$ an hour.I dont think its fair that when I work 18hours a day 7 days a week that they should tax me so much more.If people at minimum wage were taxed around 30% they'd freak but I should take it in stride.Kinda sucks.Clint
Old 04-26-2008, 07:25 AM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLINT View Post
I dont need sympathy I just want to pay the same tax as someone who work for 8$ an hour.I dont think its fair that when I work 18hours a day 7 days a week that they should tax me so much more.If people at minimum wage were taxed around 30% they'd freak but I should take it in stride.Kinda sucks.Clint
Get a different job, you don't have to work 18 hours a day...thats your fault

Old 04-26-2008, 01:33 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ol Nobodaddy View Post
Get a different job, you don't have to work 18 hours a day...thats your fault
Ya, thats the answer

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 04-26-2008, 02:45 PM

CLINT is on a distinguished road

As soon as I stop making 70$ an hour for overtime Im outta there.I guess Im greedy but why should The goverment make as much as me for ME going to work.Clint
Old 04-26-2008, 04:23 PM

BMW Rider is on a distinguished road

It's your choice to work 18 hrous a day 7 days a week. You make $70 for each hour of overtime that you choose to work. No one forces you to do this, you do it because you like the extra money I assume. So even though the govenment takes more actual dollars off of your check, you still get to take home more money. Even when you consider all of the taxes you pay on that money, you still keep more than $35 per hour. That's a lot more than $8. Don't focus on what you didn't get to keep, focus on what you did. Glass half full or empty thinking.

Take the extra money you are keeping and use every tax advantage you can to keep more of it. But stop whining about having to pay so much when other's are stuggling to just earn enough to survive. Yes you give more actual dollars to the government that many others do, but your given the same initial tax rates and basic exemption as the guy earning $8 an hour. Its the money above and beyond that that gets taxed higher. Essentially, you are allowed to earn a basic income that is considered the minimum amount to live on. What you earn beyond that allows you to improve your lifestyle and have more and nicer things. That's considered a luxury and thus you are taxed more on those dollars. If you don't like that plan, then go get an $8 an hour job for 39 hours a week with no benefits and see how much you like that. I'd bet you'd be singing a different tune about how fair it would be to pay 30% of it in taxes then.

Corporations are taxed differently for many reasons. The main one is that allowing corporations to pay less taxes on profits encourages economic growth and thus provides you with the opportunity to work 18 hours a day 7 days a week for $70 an hour. If the corporations were taxed more heavily, they would simply move their operations to a tax environment that was more favourable and you would be glad to have that $8 per hour job. So essentially, it is better for all to give up some tax dollars from a corporation and then get those dollars back from individuals. Tax the corporation too much and there will be fewer corporations to tax and more individuals paying much less in taxes. Then the government is left with a shortfall and must cut services or run up a deficit to provide them. Plus, there will likely be more individuals drawing on govenment assistance adding to the mess. Our economic system is a fine balance of many factors and taxes are a big part of it. Bottom line; giving corporations favourable taxation does benefit you. Plus, you can always invest some of your overtime windfall into those corporations and earn some of those profits for yourself. Most of those profits are paid out to shareholders in publicly traded companies.

Ed
60 gallon winter tank for pond fish.
300 gallon pond with waterfall.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:27 PM

hillbillyreefer is on a distinguished road

Just saw on the TV that tax freedom day is tomorrow, June 14. The tax cuts we have received in the last year or so are kicking in and we get to keep an extra 6 days of our income. Thanks Big Brother, keep it up!!!!!!!!!!