Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-24-2007, 03:30 PM

4ptbuck is on a distinguished road
Default Peps and zoos

I just read the new OA newletters, and it says"

"Lysmata wurdemanni This shrimp has a tendency to eat small polyps and may benefit the hobbyist who is plagued with a case of the pest anemone, Aiptasia."

I had an Aiptasia problem so I bought a couple a few months back. They have gone into hiding, and I think they are still around, as I did find one in my overflow a while ago. I have even done the midnight search to no avail. Never seen a molt though...

Anyways, I think it was after this time whereas I had a zoo problem. All of my zoos started shrinking back, and were eventually all gone. Never figured out the culprit.

The OA article mentions small polyps. Is a zoo considered a small polyp? I wonder?.....

Anybody else eer have a problem with Peps and zoos?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:24 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

I dont think mine are bothering my zoo's. They like the Xenia tho.. which doesnt bother me at all since Im trying to get rid of it.

The peps I have did gang up with the cleaner shrimp and decide they were going to eat my clam. They would not leave it alone so I took the clam out and put it on my refug for about 2 weeks then put it back. They have forgotten all about it now.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:25 PM

4ptbuck is on a distinguished road

Hmm, my xenia has been doing well, but my clam wasn't, but that was due to a YT, and after I disposed of him, the clam is recovering.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:56 PM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Throw a little bit of sinking pellets in the tank a couple of hours after dark and that should get the peps to come out if they are still around. I havnt had any problem with them eating my zoas or zenia but they sure love to eat my frogspawn which had to be removed to my fuge.