Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > FOWLR

Old 03-13-2006, 03:23 AM

Johnny Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63valiantragtop
.... Also does anyone know if ANY of these products do ANYTHING at all?.....
I use Prime for chlorine removal. I didn't even know it removes ammonia until today, so I'm not sure about that. But it's the best for chlorine removal, IMO.

Cycle is a big waste of money, IMO. I've used it to start new tanks, particularly freshwater. I also used to use it religiously once a week in my FW tanks. Finally, in looking for areas to cut costs, I asked myself "Why am I adding bacteria to my tanks when they already have bacteria in them". So I took the question to my LFS and the manager advised me that ya, it's a waste of money. BTW, Cycle is like 95% water, or something like that. I can't remember if I used it when I started in SW. But I would never think of using it for SW start up now. Live Rock and a scoop or two of Live Sand is all you really need. A few cheap fish, like Chromis, would help the cycle too. If you put enough Live Rock in you may get no cycle at all. Long story short: dump the Cycle.

Not familiar with Aquamel or No Sick Fish.

Prime: Thumbs up.
Cycle: Thumbs down.

HTH and cheers,

PS: I agree that the Naso is too big for a 90. Get a bigger tank or find a new home for it, IMO.