Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2013, 02:16 AM

SanguinesDream is on a distinguished road
Default PLEASE help!!! Mystery killer.

My Sunny Ds have gone from this

To this

Within 24 hours.

I received some new frags that were pretty much frozen upon arrival, panicked and did not drip acclimate them or dip them. I know.

The sps slimed and I ran carbon but the bag burst and I had free floating carbon in my tank. More panic, cleaning out filter, skimmer, spray bar, power heads. RTS on 3 of the sps and gone within 24 hours, 3 more are clinging to life.

Tested parameters to make sure that there wasn't a nutrient spike and PO4, NO3, undetectable, dKh 12, temp 82, salinity 1.022.

This morning, my Sunny Ds started shriveling and closing. I frantically remembered that I didn't dip and took all the zoas out and dipped them.

Should I try and salvage the polyps I can and frag them or are they all hooped? None of the other new zoa frags have opened up either but it has only been 36 hours.

My head isn't on straight and I am doing more damage than good at this point. Please help! Your expertise is welcome and so desperately needed.