Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 09-17-2012, 03:42 PM

RenHoek104 is on a distinguished road
Default Micro socks

Hey everyone,

Quick question, I'm using a micro sock and I was wondering, if they aren't cleaned regularly I'm assuming that ammonia levels will increase? I have a bit of ammonia and I'm trying to find the cause. I think it's the sock, do you agree? The rest of my water parameters are fine (8.2pH, 0 nitrite, 0 nitrate and 1.024 SG), yet my ammonia is around 0.25. At first I thought it was my salt mix, but last night I made a new batch of saltwater and it had 0ppm. I'm trying to get it back down to zero so I removed the sock to see what would happen. However, it seems that large particles and a protein skimmer is a bad idea. Guess I'll use another filter sock pretty soon.

Ren
33G DT - 10G sump - Eshopps PSK-100H - Eheim Compact+ 3000 - CPR CS50 overflow - 2x Hydor 750 (not used) - 1x Vortech MP10ESw - Radion LED - 7x Hermit Crabs - 2x Peppermint Shrimps - 3x Astrea - 4-5x Nassarius (they spawned) - Zoas - Mushrooms - 37lbs of live rock - 56lbs of base rock
Old 09-17-2012, 03:45 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

I change sock every three days. And water in hotwater with bleach
Old 09-17-2012, 04:13 PM

WindowMaker is on a distinguished road

Mine stop letting water through them after about 5 days. So I am pretty much forced to change them regularly.