Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 03-20-2011, 03:30 PM

prodogg02 is on a distinguished road
Default omg everything dead in few days

I recently got a clown tang and then twodays later it dies i took the dead thing out.now all my othtrr fish are dieing. Got up this morning my 8 inch majestic angle i have for 6 years is layn on bottom as well as my bicolor and the lemon peal is dead missing one pj cardnal the other two are fine all the fishwithyellow inthem seen tobe turning white all over with cloudy eyes and redish blotchs onthere side noticed it bout weekago my cleaner wrass is mia ass well as my cleand shrimp.idk what happen but leason learnd i guess never get fish from ag. I dont kbow what the clown tang gave them or how long i should wait to add new ones .ijust moved everything from my 75 to a 125 long and 2 weeks later it all dies wtf
Old 03-20-2011, 03:37 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

perhaps the tank was in a mini cycle from the move and adding a new fish pushed the tank over the edge of what the system could deal with?
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 03-20-2011, 03:47 PM

Reefpins10 is on a distinguished road

Test your ammonia.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:49 PM

Levels are fine the fish are turning white and have red blotchs like there bleeding( the yellow fish do) and there eyes are all cloudy and fins look like they falln apart
Old 03-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Vendor

BlueWorldAquatic is on a distinguished road

Cloudy eyes are a sign of water quality.

The levels can't be fine if the fish are dying, as the breakdown of the dead fish will cause some changes, unless you have done a masive water change.

When you moved the tank, did you take the sand with it? Any additives to stabalize the bacteria?

Ken

Store Location

Twitter

Facebook
Old 03-20-2011, 03:59 PM

ALang is on a distinguished road

Sure sounds like FW septicemia when I had FW fish!
Also, check your Ammonia again! Your testing fluids maybe off.

Not sure what can be done at this point. Fish that far gone cannot be helped. In the mean time, lots of water changes and carbon the heck out of the DT. Make sure you clean the equipment (nets, buckets, siphon tubes etc) so that you don't spread that around.

Sorry to hear about this.
Hate to see a tank completely gone from one fish. Good luck.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:05 PM

I know its not my water its fine theygot some kinda sickness i still have some fish that are fine and all my inverts are still alive as well as corals .my other two pj cardnals fine no spots or nothing on them as well as my mandrin hes still huntn pods .ill take a few pics and bring them to blueworld ill bring a water sample two mYbe my kits are bunk but i just got new api ones
Old 03-20-2011, 04:33 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

You can't blame Aqua Giant for that. EVERY lfs gets a fish here and there that can be carrying something you can't see. Nobody can say they have never lost a fish or two from a top shelf retailer.

The healthiest fish in my tank came from Aqua Giant. And I know others with nice fish from there as well. The fish must have looked ok as you purchased it.

I am sorry this happened to you, but that is more a reason to set up a hospital tank.

Aqua Giant is a sponsor on here as well. I find it funny that nobody says anything when this sponsor gets bashed publicly. If this were any other SPONSOR the bullets would be flying.

Maybe consider using their forum and making your comments. Or call the store and perhaps talk to them. They are easy to deal with.

Looks like you had a dying fish issue in Feb as well... A few weeks back.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73142

Good luck. Hope you do not lose anything else.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.

Last edited by paddyob; 03-20-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:35 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWorldAquatic View Post
Cloudy eyes are a sign of water quality.

The levels can't be fine if the fish are dying, as the breakdown of the dead fish will cause some changes, unless you have done a masive water change.

When you moved the tank, did you take the sand with it? Any additives to stabalize the bacteria?

Ken
+1..... A recent tank move???

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:39 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodogg02 View Post
I recently got a clown tang and then twodays later it dies i took the dead thing out.now all my othtrr fish are dieing. Got up this morning my 8 inch majestic angle i have for 6 years is layn on bottom as well as my bicolor and the lemon peal is dead missing one pj cardnal the other two are fine all the fishwithyellow inthem seen tobe turning white all over with cloudy eyes and redish blotchs onthere side noticed it bout weekago my cleaner wrass is mia ass well as my cleand shrimp.idk what happen but leason learnd i guess never get fish from ag. I dont kbow what the clown tang gave them or how long i should wait to add new ones .ijust moved everything from my 75 to a 125 long and 2 weeks later it all dies wtf
The lesson to be learned in not to add further fish until you know your tank has stabilized.