Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-04-2009, 06:21 AM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default more updates

After everything was re-done I had to re-aquascape things a bit. Let me know what you think.

Here's a shot of a couple of frags that a bought from Oceanic Corals that I'm proud of.
Purple plasma and red planet acros.

I've also added some Booze to the bar and the wife got me a calender to complete the "man" look.

55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041

Last edited by danny zubot; 12-04-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:29 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Lookin' great there Danny.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:08 PM

chris121277 is on a distinguished road

looking good there Danny.......thats all the barquarium needed was booze and a girly calender
Some good growth on the new corals as well, should be able to frag thows babies in no time
Old 12-06-2009, 04:26 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

I'd definitely be spending some time down there very nice! You're playing with fire with the GSP aren't you? Looks pretty cool tho!
Old 12-06-2009, 05:57 AM

loveless is on a distinguished road

Grey Goose. Good choice.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:20 AM

untamed is on a distinguished road

Ha...there's no way my wife would be purchasing me a calendar like that! Your coke is going to get kind of warm up there... Looks like a wonderful place to hang out.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436
Old 12-07-2009, 03:02 PM

dcook is on a distinguished road

It runs the existing 3 Koralia 2's that I have in the tank. What a noise they make when turning on after being idle. I couldn't stand it for even a day, and it got the gears in my head turning. (turn off your smoke detectors) This is what I came up with. A simple by as it turns out, very effectiveway to shut them up. Anyone who owns Koralia's knows that the impeller flaps around when they're turned on, until it grabs. A small piece of rigid watr filter tubing did the trick, and should also extend the life of the impeller.please give more details ie how tooooooooooooo?

Last edited by muck; 12-07-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:38 PM

Default reply

Thanks everyone. I still have plans for a few more bar items, like one of those hanging glass holder things.

As for the Koralia mod; It's pretty simple. Normally there's about an inch gap between the impeller and the end of the berring shaft. So if your Koralia is facing down the impeller could slip out a bit, causing it to bounch around upon activation right. Well, just cut a piece of rigid water filter line 1" long and place it in there. As shown in the pic with the yellow piece of tubing.
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:55 PM

dcook is on a distinguished road

Thanks danny zubot
I have 1 on a timer, it starts at 8am its so loud its my alarm clock lol
not anymore.....
Old 12-09-2009, 03:26 PM

Default reply

So last night while re-arranging the tank again I made a discovery about my Koralia mod. It doesn't work, or should I say it doesn't work all of the time. I guess when the impeller is bouncing around upon activation it's looking for the correct polarity. By inhibiting this action by the impeller I've managed to make it run backwards, pulling water into the pump instead of pushing it out. Wierd hey? It only does this about half the time, and is completely random it seems. So I might leave the sleaves in because it doesn't seems to hurt the impeller. What it does do, is create some strange flow around the tank when one or more are running in reverse. Sorry to all who have used my mod already, please check your Koralia's to make sure they are pumping correctly.