Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > FOWLR

Old 07-30-2008, 05:40 AM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarman View Post
In short, I got banned for arguing that you can keep many tangs in one tank without severe aggression as long as you keep them well fed. Here is the link to the thread and what I got banned for:

http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30038
You got banned because you refused to listen to the advice you sought in putting five tangs in the 150 gallon you had at the time. That was excellent advice.

I see you took the advice and moved up to a 600 gallon.
Good move!
Wayne Ryan
Old 07-30-2008, 06:01 AM

fkshiu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco View Post
You got banned because you refused to listen to the advice you sought in putting five tangs in the 150 gallon you had at the time. That was excellent advice.

I see you took the advice and moved up to a 600 gallon.
Good move!
Wayne Ryan

Actually, it was another guy ("reefy") with a 150 who asked about adding tangs to it. Cougarman just jumped in with his opinion.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:17 AM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkshiu View Post
Actually, it was another guy ("reefy") with a 150 who asked about adding tangs to it. Cougarman just jumped in with his opinion.
Sorry I assumed reefy was our cougarman.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:53 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In short, I got banned for arguing that you can keep many tangs in one tank without severe aggression as long as you keep them well fed. Here is the link to the thread and what I got banned for:

http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30038
You got banned for that?!? Wow

I got banned because I put something smart @#$ in the signature fields because I got annoyed about filling out new forms every time I visited the site.

Last edited by Parker; 07-30-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:33 PM

Cougarman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
You got banned for that?!? Wow

I got banned because I put something smart @#$ in the signature fields because I got annoyed about filling out new forms every time I visited the site.
Ya they want you to do that so they can bash your approach to reefkeeping. If I was a newbie, I'd never ask a question in a thread on that site.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:09 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

the only time I go to AP is to follow links like you posted, I do get a chuckle with the attitude of the mods

Beautiful tank btw, hope you'll be here often to contribute.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:24 PM

Cougarman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
the only time I go to AP is to follow links like you posted, I do get a chuckle with the attitude of the mods

Beautiful tank btw, hope you'll be here often to contribute.
Thanks Mark. You westerners sure are alot friendlier. I'll post some more pics shortly.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:42 PM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks Mark. You westerners sure are alot friendlier. I'll post some more pics shortly.

We're not really this friendly. We're waiting for you to let your guard down and then wham.... we pick on your spelling

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 07-30-2008, 03:58 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I did the same thing with the information fields and the same thing happened to me. I totally meant to go back and fill them in properly one day soon, but it wasn't soon enough and the hammer fell. As staff here I really don't want to comment on another board's policies but I will say this, the incredible signature load and the plethora of fonts and colours in every thread made it very difficult for me to zero in on the actual content of posts. I was constantly scrolling this way or that to try to find the ONE line of post content buried in literally screen fulls of irrelevant info. I kind of like the idea of posting tank specs but a link to a page with the info would suffice rather than reading it over and over (and over and over). Plus it was really not conducive to folks who have multiple tanks with different methodologies per each tank. Ooops, I guess I commented after all. Well, just pretend I didn't say any of this, Ok?

PS. "Alot" isn't a word. I can still hear my grade 6 teacher ranting about "alot" a lot. She did rant a lot about us using "alot" a lot. "Alot isn't a word. That's "A-let." A lot is a lot, as opposed to a little. We don't say alittle. But you're saying alot a lot." OKAY MISS SAMPHIRE I GET IT! I'm 37 now! Please get out of my imagination!!!

Last edited by Delphinus; 07-30-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Banned

Whatigot is on a distinguished road

you got banned for that?
I'm cancelling my membership with AP cuz I just joined a month ago and it would only be a matter of time before I come up with some insightful contrarian idea that makes that moderator, founder and hitler go chinese republic on me....lol

I liked how he tried to cut down yur references to it being science by supplying his own brand of "science" that also had no backing to it.

It was like he was fighting fire with fire but didn't know you could get burned doing it.

funny too that there is no mention in the thread of you being banned for voicing your honest opinion in a non combative way, he just said his final non sensical piece and closed it....lol
what a muppet moderator.

thanks for that, now I saved myself another bulletin board membership....