Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 10-12-2011, 04:22 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESONANCE View Post
Specifically @ Madreefer

Uhmmm... don't get so down on people who like macro algae. They have a unique beauty of their own that can sometimes rival corals. You're dismissing a big portion of this hobby just because of 1 bad apple.

I can understand you deriding this person for selling a small portion of cheato for this much; it's everywhere, and easy to grow. But what would you say about someone selling xenia or gsp? That stuff is the cheato of the coral domain.

Try keeping, and getting a frag of halymenia or nemstoma to grow for you. Don't dismiss people who collect, and grow macro algae until you try some for yourself. If macros aren't enough of a challenge for you, try sea grasses lol.
I'm not dissin people with macro algae. Skabooya has a pretty cool lookin macro algae specific rank. To each their own. Maybe I should go edit my post and replace macro with chaeto. Would that make yo happy? As for the people that sell xenia or GSP I say they are evil, i've been around long enough to know what those do to a tank.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:37 PM

RESONANCE is on a distinguished road

Hi Madreefer,

LOL, ya don't have to change anything. Thought u were messin with the macro algae maniacs. Just thought someone had to stand up and defend the general macro algae community and figured might as well be me lol.

Cheers mate!