Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-29-2014, 07:29 PM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmeJReefer View Post
I have basic cable. Mainly use Apple TV that's jailbroken. Get any show, movie, sports, documentary known to man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup i have apple TV and a jail broken iPad i stream movie box too.. epic
Old 06-29-2014, 07:36 PM

Cjm is on a distinguished road

I use an antenna for local and a jailbroken Atv with xbmc and hulu for everything else
Old 06-29-2014, 11:45 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

I'm about to cancel, just waiting for the World Cup to end. I'll be calling Shaw shortly so my next bill is for internet only. It's the only bill I have that takes money a month in advance, before actually providing the service. How do they even get away with that?

I recently purchased a HomeWorX box which has an ATSC tuner since my older TV does not have an internal ATSC tuner. Only two over the air HD channels available here, but I don't care. I'll be fine with the local channels & news and get everything else via the net.

So tired of paying for basic cable & being charged for watching garbage TV laced with advertising. I'd love the ability to pick & choose a few channels as well, but none of the big providers work that way. You have pay for the basic crap & extra for the channels worth watching. I wonder who actually watches all the nonsense offered up these days as entertainment. Reality shows? Get out of the house, there's plenty of reality out there for free. Hopefully the trend of cancellations will continue & they get a wake up call. They've had it too good for too long. Heck, Shaw owns at least one network & I assume Bell owns a few of their own. No idea about Telus.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Zoa Hoarder

davej is on a distinguished road
Default Who has done away with Cable or Satellite TV?

Never seemed to watch a whole show because of too many commercials. Would get bored and flick. Don't miss cable one bit.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:21 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Finally made the call to cancel Cable TV portion of my service, effective end month. Like pulling hen's teeth, what a rigamarole/run around. Funny how you're able make any addition or change online, but have to stay on hold on the phone for 15 minutes & go through 2 people to cancel part of a service.

A couple of evenings ago, a rep called to try & upsell me. Go figure. I wonder if any of the company execs are listening?
Old 07-03-2014, 05:35 PM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
Finally made the call to cancel Cable TV portion of my service, effective end month. Like pulling hen's teeth, what a rigamarole/run around. Funny how you're able make any addition or change online, but have to stay on hold on the phone for 15 minutes & go through 2 people to cancel part of a service.

A couple of evenings ago, a rep called to try & upsell me. Go figure. I wonder if any of the company execs are listening?
You only had to wait 15 minutes?
I should switch
Old 07-03-2014, 06:47 PM

tlhood is on a distinguished road

We got rid of cable a long time ago. It seemed ridiculous having to pay extra $$ for a special package of 5 or 6 chanels on top of the basic, just so that we could watch one show once a week for a few months.

We ended up just getting the apple TV box, and watch stuff on netflix/itunes.

We aren't big TV people, and it's more cost effective for us to just purchase the seasons on itunes or watch stuff on netflix.